sweet waffle
First Team Squad
- Messages
- 1,510
- Reaction score
- 1
basically lucas now relys on CGI to create films and ignores storylines. which he does. the git.I'm hearing a profound silence! People age in 22 years? What? Sorry, can you explain what the picture is supposed to be saying to us.
Exactly. I thought the picture was pretty self explanatory to be honest.basically lucas now relys on CGI to create films and ignores storylines. which he does. the git.
This is why I am confident that the Hobbit is going to be better than Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy as Del Toro will use a lot less CGI and a lot more errr..... is it animatronics it is called?Moi, I think this is certainly more of a "Guy" thread. Most guys grew up watching star wars, well guys of a certain age, and then he comes out with the abominations that were the newest films. Ok so they were decent, but half of the film relied upon Computer Generated Images (CGI) and thus kinda distracted from the storyline.
That's a mighty big call there sir. No doubt The Hobbit will be a great film but I don't think it will be better than the LOTR trilogy.This is why I am confident that the Hobbit is going to be better than Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy as Del Toro will use a lot less CGI and a lot more errr..... is it animatronics it is called?
I don't think the techniques being used decide if a movie is good or not, it's how they are used and how they serve the story. Besides, they used a lot of "old school" tricks(false perspective and animatronics to name a few) to create effects in the LotR films, built a lot of sets that could have been made with computers and used a lot of miniatures instead of creating them with computers. I actually think Del Toro is quite close to Peter Jackson when it comes to using techniques. At least A LOT closer than George Lucas.This is why I am confident that the Hobbit is going to be better than Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy as Del Toro will use a lot less CGI and a lot more errr..... is it animatronics it is called?
One thing that I appreciated in the LotR movies was the way it mixed some of the oldest tricks in the book with new ground breaking technology.