George Lucas Then vs George Lucas Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweet waffle

First Team Squad
Messages
1,510
Reaction score
1
This picture speaks volumes.

/monthly_06_2009/post-18-1245118840_thumb.jpg

 

Attachments

  • george_lucas_now_and_then.jpg
    george_lucas_now_and_then.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm hearing a profound silence! People age in 22 years? What? Sorry, can you explain what the picture is supposed to be saying to us.

 
I'm hearing a profound silence! People age in 22 years? What? Sorry, can you explain what the picture is supposed to be saying to us.
basically lucas now relys on CGI to create films and ignores storylines. which he does. the git.

 
Has he turfed over all his gear?

 
OK, I vaguely see what you mean. But I'll have to find out what CGI means.

P.S. have just googled it - I'm guessing it's not Common Gateway Interface, so it must be computer generated image.

My children all are all grown up, so I have no reason to go to a George Lucas film anymore.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Moi, I think this is certainly more of a "Guy" thread. Most guys grew up watching star wars, well guys of a certain age, and then he comes out with the abominations that were the newest films. Ok so they were decent, but half of the film relied upon Computer Generated Images (CGI) and thus kinda distracted from the storyline.

Another movie to watch to get a feel for this, would be the recent Indiana Jones movie, which relies on CGI and Speilberg's love for Sci-Fi so much that South Park parodied the film with an episode that had Lucas and Speilberg "raping" Indiana Jones

Scott

 
Moi, I think this is certainly more of a "Guy" thread. Most guys grew up watching star wars, well guys of a certain age, and then he comes out with the abominations that were the newest films. Ok so they were decent, but half of the film relied upon Computer Generated Images (CGI) and thus kinda distracted from the storyline.
This is why I am confident that the Hobbit is going to be better than Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy as Del Toro will use a lot less CGI and a lot more errr..... is it animatronics it is called?

 
This is why I am confident that the Hobbit is going to be better than Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy as Del Toro will use a lot less CGI and a lot more errr..... is it animatronics it is called?
That's a mighty big call there sir. No doubt The Hobbit will be a great film but I don't think it will be better than the LOTR trilogy.

And yes the process is called animatronics.

 
This is why I am confident that the Hobbit is going to be better than Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy as Del Toro will use a lot less CGI and a lot more errr..... is it animatronics it is called?
I don't think the techniques being used decide if a movie is good or not, it's how they are used and how they serve the story. Besides, they used a lot of "old school" tricks(false perspective and animatronics to name a few) to create effects in the LotR films, built a lot of sets that could have been made with computers and used a lot of miniatures instead of creating them with computers. I actually think Del Toro is quite close to Peter Jackson when it comes to using techniques. At least A LOT closer than George Lucas. :smack_head: One thing that I appreciated in the LotR movies was the way it mixed some of the oldest tricks in the book with new ground breaking technology.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top