Germany Vs Argentina 2014 World Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take Messi over Ronaldo too. Ronaldo is an egotistical prick who shoot's on sight even when there is a better option. It's all me me me with Ronaldo, if he was more of a team player he would probably win more league titles with Real Madrid.

 
Not many mentioned Lahm..... I thought he had another great tournament such an effective player

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'll be greedy and say I'd take both. Just searching behind the couch for a spare 250 million

 
Well I'll be greedy and say I'd take both. Just searching behind the couch for a spare 250 million
I'd actually prefer the brazilian ronaldo before the knee injuries, as the greatest player I've ever seen. I think he would have dominated world football as much or possibly more than Messi, had his career not been with so many major injuries.

 
Something just hasn't seemed right with messi this past year. I remember the days where he would be charging around hounding defenders when they had the ball and then doing something brilliant with it. Nowadays he just walks around the pitch like he is on a sunday afternoon stroll and the odd time he is lucky enough to have the ball he still looks brilliant with it.

He is such a special player that even when he does that he is still capable of producing magic but he either has an injury that we don't know  about or he has just lost the energy levels he had before. This has led me to believe that ronaldo is now a better player but when they are both at there very best I'd have messi all day long

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The last 7 World Cup finals, there have been 11 goals. Astonishingly low. I just hope that in Russia fearless teams like Chile, Colombia, Algeria and Ghana make a splash. These were the four funnest teams to watch in my opinion. Not scared of losing and there just to play.

A good World Cup, but the final was a good reflection of the knockout stages. Teams giving too much respect to each other and the side with slightly more quality going through.

 
It's a shame both teams weren't at full strength for the final. Argentina missing Di Maria, Germany missing Khedira.

 
It's a shame both teams weren't at full strength for the final. Argentina missing Di Maria, Germany missing Khedira.
I don't think that changed the overall style or pattern of the game too much.

The game was fairly predictable based on how the two teams had been playing.

Argentina had more moments than I thought, but they showed Germany far to much respect. If they had been as fearless as Ghana or Algeria they would be World Champions.

Germany don't play the football of a few years ago. They are much more machine like. It has helped them become winners, but if I'm a manager of a European nation, I am watching tapes from the Algeria game on how to beat them come 2016

 
I don't think that changed the overall style or pattern of the game too much.

The game was fairly predictable based on how the two teams had been playing.

Argentina had more moments than I thought, but they showed Germany far to much respect. If they had been as fearless as Ghana or Algeria they would be World Champions.

Germany don't play the football of a few years ago. They are much more machine like. It has helped them become winners, but if I'm a manager of a European nation, I am watching tapes from the Algeria game on how to beat them come 2016
Algeria didn't score, so I doubt watching tapes of them would help.

 
Argentina had more moments than I thought, but they showed Germany far to much respect. If they had been as fearless as Ghana or Algeria they would be World Champions.
They didn't play like that throughout the tournament so weren't going to change for the final...if they had, it would have suited Germany's strengths of playing on the counter...they hoped to scrape a victory just as they had up to this point...I'm glad their turgid style ended in defeat

 
Algeria didn't score, so I doubt watching tapes of them would help.
Haha they did score in the 120th minute. Just their finishing let them down, which players of more quality would be able to do.

Whatever Algeria did and Ghana aswell (who played in a very similar way against Germany), is what people need to do when facing Germany.

 
Schurrle has a fairly good looking girlfriend

Damn it I missed her!
BsdSlpzIIAAd_Ey.jpg


BsdMBlQIAAEtUBz.jpg


 
Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't play like that throughout the tournament so weren't going to change for the final...if they had, it would have suited Germany's strengths of playing on the counter...they hoped to scrape a victory just as they had up to this point...I'm glad their turgid style ended in defeat
Yeah there is an argument that if Argentina had attacked Germany more they would have come unstuck. But I think Germany have become so relaxed, casual playing at a slow tempo that they are an extremely vulnerable side. Their 2010 team was much more inventive, but just happened to play one of the best ever international side.

Argentina were never going to play the way Algeria and Ghana did, but if they did I think with their quality the would have beaten Germany.

A lot of ifs there from me. In the end the best team won the tournament, something which has happened at every World Cup in my memory (since 98). Italy 06 are perhaps the exception but even then a case can be made.

 
Had Argentina won, I wonder if the media would accuse them of parking the double deck bus. Messi screwed it up, Kun was clearly unfit that decision back fired. Germany deserves to win, Ozil was ordinary, shouldn't have played.

 
I don't know if it's just the type of player he is or if he is just not very good but ozil has managed to remain pretty anonymous throughout the entire tournament even though the germans have won it. He just seems to go missing in games and then pops up when he misses a sitter

 
To be honest, Germany really wasn't the best team in the tournament.  They are just the most complete team and cohesive team.  

France has got to be one of the favorites going in to 2018 in Russia.  I would like to think that if they had Ribery they could very well have lifted that trophy tonight.  

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top