Glastonbury 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

loz

The Schoolmaster
Staff member
Messages
22,722
Reaction score
6,608
Just watched the footage of Neil Young's set - just like The Who and Pink Floyd at Live 8, the old timers take the show by storm and teach these young whippersnappers how it is supposed to be done.

 
hmm, did you think he was that good?

He really didn't want to leave the stage did he ;)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
did you get to see the specials? absolutely superb. my wife had no idea who they were but loved them after their effort.

 
The Gaslight Anthem are on BBC3 Red Button right now, and they're brilliant!!!

 
did you get to see the specials? absolutely superb. my wife had no idea who they were but loved them after their effort.
I saw their set after I saw the Neil Young one and after my initial post and I concur that they were spectacular as well.

Crosby, Stills and Nash, on the other hand, were very poor.

 
to add to what's been said I thought springsteen was brilliant, and I would really consider myself a fan as such.

we've madness, blur and the prodigy all tonight too!

 
Neil young and the boss were both superb. Missed the specials but having already seen them this year I can't complain.

I enjoyed Friendly Fires and the Gaslights were great too but the band I enjoyed most so far was Quo!!!

 
One of the best Glasto's in recent years.

The Specials excellent, Blur unbelievable what a band ! ...

I enjoyed Springsteen and Neil Young....

but confirmed the best live act I have ever seen return after blowing Oasis away in '97

Prodigy love or loath them, (I got to love them at Glasto '97, and I am an old f*rt) Just whipp the crowd up into a frenzy like you wouldnt believe.

 
I thought madness were superb yesterday , and 'One Step beyond' is always a blinder and reminds me of the couple of CL games where we've knocked out Liverpool in the past few years.

And shoot me down in flames, but thought Status Quo did a half decent set yesterday afternoon.

 
I thought madness were superb yesterday , and 'One Step beyond' is always a blinder and reminds me of the couple of CL games where we've knocked out Liverpool in the past few years.And shoot me down in flames, but thought Status Quo did a half decent set yesterday afternoon.
Early Madness songs are okay, can't stand the later stuff.

I saw Status Quo at Knebworth once, before that I hated them, but I suposse like the Prodigy in a way, certainly get the crowd going !

I thought Tom Jones was sh*te, but then again, I always have.
B) :D

 
watching blur made me even more annoyed I can't afford to see them at hyde park.

 
I thought Tom Jones was sh*te, but then again, I always have.
That's because Tom Jones IS sh*te - he was sh*te when he was young, sh*te when he was middle-aged and now that he's ancient he's even MORE sh*te. They don;t come any sh*tier than tom Jones!

Bruce Springsteen, on the other hand, is the Bees' Knees, the Cat's Whiskers .. THE BEST!!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
watching blur made me even more annoyed I can't afford to see them at hyde park.
I didn't even like Blur before I watched them last night, and now I have a load of songs on my MP3 :angry:

Pendulum deserve a mention too, I thought they were incredible.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top