Go and sign Jon Stones on a FREE!

Cannot understand why we haven't signed this guy - got everything we're missing.
He is the Reece James of center backs. Brilliant for three matches in a row and then on a Wednesday evening you get the latest on him that he picked up an injury in training and is out for 3 months.

 
Ah the thread title got changed. Who in BlueCo complained to you @Mod and @loz
default_biggrin.gif
No, it just looked a bit Reddit!

 
No issue over the contract terms. Has spoken to Alonso, so now just to Wait and see if he picks our offer or not.

Looking a good possibility. As per Younes video tonight.

 
No issue over the contract terms. Has spoken to Alonso, so now just to Wait and see if he picks our offer or not.

Looking a good possibility. As per Younes video tonight.
Younes solely uses Simon Phillips as his source.

 
Younes solely uses Simon Phillips as his source.
When Johnny was around it was nh,nah,nah, nah BlueCo out.

Now he is suddenly, wink wink, smug look, smug look, a man in the know because he apparently has flies on walls. As you say his only source is what Simon Phillips tells him and i would imagine that nearly half of the 68 items on his carrot counter he has pinned to the corner of his screen are previous "briefs" from Simon Phillips.

 
Younes solely uses Simon Phillips as his source.
I don't mind Younes, but it's only a matter of time before this all blows up in his face. The minute he gets wrong information, people are going to be all over him for it, especially because he is acting all smug about it.

 
I don't mind Younes, but it's only a matter of time before this all blows up in his face. The minute he gets wrong information, people are going to be all over him for it, especially because he is acting all smug about it.
I stopped watching him the moment he started collaborating with Johnny Minerals, who is one of the most disingenuous fans when it came to BlueCo out. His hatred for them was never about the direction they were taking the club, it was because the club sold his precious Mason Mount.

 
2 of the other clubs to speak to Stones and offer him deals are Juventus and Inter Milan.

 
Hmm bit of a coincidence that. Same day Stones apparently picks Inter ahead of us we go in for Henderson and Welbeck to add experience to our squad.?

Real shame this, would have been a starter for us I feel. Disappointing.

 
  • Like
Reactions: OTL
The f**kwit twins in their amazing negotiating pants strike again. He's agreed to join Inter.

Well done boys, good luck in killing what remains of our women's team.
From Stones' perspective, Inter is the right move.

 
Was going to be a hard sell with no CL football for someone looking to play often and compete at the highest levels they can. He had a lot of offers. His world cup performances gave him many opportunities.

Really with Stones injury record going to Italy may allow him to get a few extra top years in.

Still disappointed as a back 3 of stones, Colwill and Lacroix could have been great.

Be interesting to see how long a deal Inter gave him.

 
Lacroix never gets injured (knock on wood), and Colwill hopefully remains solid as he was pre-ACL injury.

I know I've made it clear how I am against pushing youth into the water to see if they can sink or swim, but I can admit this is the perfect time to see if Acheampong is ready to be that 3rd-choice CB. Especially in a season with no Europe.

 
Lacroix never gets injured (knock on wood), and Colwill hopefully remains solid as he was pre-ACL injury.

I know I've made it clear how I am against pushing youth into the water to see if they can sink or swim, but I can admit this is the perfect time to see if Acheampong is ready to be that 3rd-choice CB. Especially in a season with no Europe.
I know you put the disclaimer after but damn...

I agree though in a back 3 having Josh or Reece as the RCB seems a good overall pair.

 
Looks like he has chosen tagliatelle over jellied eels Finalising a move to Inter.

 
Stones in Italy… Barnsley lad who doesn’t speak a word of Italian, gonna be a lot for him to adapt to, doesn’t strike me as that kind, although tbf neither did Jamie Vardy but he ended up there for a year.

 
Stones in Italy… Barnsley lad who doesn’t speak a word of Italian, gonna be a lot for him to adapt to, doesn’t strike me as that kind, although tbf neither did Jamie Vardy but he ended up there for a year.
Vardy was over the hill even by Italian standards. Language won't be a problem for Stones, there's a lot of English spoken.

 
I can’t really blame the SD’s for this one. Stones chose Milan and you can’t blame him wanting to experience a new league etc.

It is a real shame though if fit he would have played and given us some valuable experience at the back, now we have to pay Henderson 80k pw to hand out bibs.

 
Back
Top