Great Quotes from Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape.

If you take my advice, you'll become one of the great balloon-folding acts of all time! Really, 'cause I don't just see you folding balloons in joints. You listen to me, you're gonna fold balloons at universities and colleges.

Truth is Ab, he was alive when I buried him.

 
It's a film that was nominated for a Golden Globe. I was looking through Philp Seymour Hoffman films and came across this one. I have ordered it on DVD and will let you know what I think when I've watched it. But this extract from a review interested me:

It's tough to admit that we may have something in common with a Suburban pedophile, a pathetic dreamer, a pretentious literary snob or a obscene telephone sex stalker and one of the most frightening ideas ever put on film is here: Solondz makes plausible the people we view as being "sick" or generally look down upon aren't that much different than us. They still want the same things we do. And he also questions the ideals America seems to hold most dear, like monogamy and morality. And yeah, happiness. How exactly DO you find happiness? Is ANYONE really happy?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
"It's a Kentucky blue grass, northern California sensimelia blend. Great thing about this stuff is you can go out and play 36 on it and then come home and get stoned to the bejezusbelt"

Might not be exact, but Caddyshack is a very quotable film

 
I suspected it might be. but thank you for confirming it. I look forward to the post lady delivering it.
That was funny but also extremely uncomfortable! "Do you want me to show you how?" "Do you want me to measure it?" Yeeps!
 
Pulp Fiction is very quotable actually. Not the best film, but some great one-liners.


 
From Sweet Smell of Success when Burt Lancaster realises that he has created a monster in Tony Curtis

"I'd hate to take a bite outta you. You're a cookie full of arsenic."


 
From Sliding Doors

We're women. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it.

 
Pulp Fiction is very quotable actually. Not the best film, but some great one-liners.
I disagree. Not with the quotability, but with the best film part. I love that movie, one of my favorites.


I really didn't care for "Any Given Sunday", but I will always listen to this speech. About the only thing Pacino should be proud of in the last 15 years (hyperbole, but still...)

Edit: I just watched this again. It's sappy as sh*t, but AVB should adapt this for tomorrow before the boys go out against Napoli. :)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
John Cleese as French soldier in The Holy Grail

"You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons of a silly person! I blow my nose at you, so-called Ah-thoor Keeng, you and all your silly English K-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-niggits!"

"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

"No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top