Greetings & Salutations from not so stormin' Norman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman The Gambler

New Signing
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Name's Norman but I'm not actually much of a gambler ... it's one of those ironic nicknames that stick after the original reasons for it are lost in the mists of time.

But enough of that, I'm a long time fan and found this forum a few days back. I'm a little busy at present but hope to have more time in the not too distant future, so for now I'm just stopping by to say hi all.

KTBFFH

 
Morning Norm and welcome to the Shed End. I'm guessing from the time of your post that you're either an insomniac or you live in a different time zone from the UK! Which is it? I look forward to reading your posts when your life calms down.

 
Hi Norman

Might seem like a strange question but were you captain of your school volleyball team?

 
Damn, was hoping to play a few hands of hold 'em with you! Oh well, glad to see you on here

 
Hi NormanMight seem like a strange question but were you captain of your school volleyball team?
It does seem like a strange question, and I await the answer with (Norman) Bated breath! :D

 
Norman Bated! Much as I appreciate the Hitchockian inference, I think I'll let that one go if you don't mind. To answer your question, no I never was captain of my school volleyball team..

I'm happy to say I don't suffer from insomnia, but I will admit to sometimes working rather odd hours.

And hey mad_mac, sorry to let you down there. Truth is, my nickname to do with a CD set called Arkology by Lee Perry that my brother used to play ALL THE TIME. This set includes a song called, yeah you guessed it Norman The Gambler, and he'd sing it at me after I absolutely stone cold flat out refused to go along with a dumb ass bet that I absolutely no way am gonna tell you about here so don't even ask!

And thankyou all for the welcome. This seems like a real nice place.

KTBFFH

 
This set includes a song called, yeah you guessed it Norman The Gambler, and he'd sing it at me after I absolutely stone cold flat out refused to go along with a dumb ass bet that I absolutely no way am gonna tell you about here so don't even ask!And thankyou all for the welcome. This seems like a real nice place.

KTBFFH
Oh DO tell! We love dumb ass things here! :ArousedSmiley: And tell us where you come from.

 
Hello Norman

Not good at Volleyball then? ha guessed as much :D

Welcome mate

I reckon you should get in on the weekend bets..might make you live up to your nickname.

 
Norman Bated! Much as I appreciate the Hitchockian inference, I think I'll let that one go if you don't mind. To answer your question, no I never was captain of my school volleyball team.. I'm happy to say I don't suffer from insomnia, but I will admit to sometimes working rather odd hours.

And hey mad_mac, sorry to let you down there. Truth is, my nickname to do with a CD set called Arkology by Lee Perry that my brother used to play ALL THE TIME. This set includes a song called, yeah you guessed it Norman The Gambler, and he'd sing it at me after I absolutely stone cold flat out refused to go along with a dumb ass bet that I absolutely no way am gonna tell you about here so don't even ask!

And thankyou all for the welcome. This seems like a real nice place.

KTBFFH
Lee scratch Perry? bloody good album that, nice old skool.i bet you loved that didnt you..... :lol:

 
Lee scratch Perry? bloody good album that, nice old skool.i bet you loved that didnt you..... :lol:
You beat me to it, dkw - Lee Perry is awesome! The stuff he did with Max Romeo was absolutely brilliant, I've still got the 12" version of "Norman" somewhere.

Welcome, Norman The Gambler, hope this makes you feel at home...

 
You beat me to it, dkw - Lee Perry is awesome! The stuff he did with Max Romeo was absolutely brilliant, I've still got the 12" version of "Norman" somewhere.Welcome, Norman The Gambler, hope this makes you feel at home...
have you? i had that, god only knows where it went.

 
Hey thanks guys that's real nice of you.

I hope this won't disappoint you but the whole reggae bag was never my thing. It's my bro who was (and still is!) the big reggae fan of the family. I'm way more into stuff like Saint Etienne. It's more accurate to say I'm OBSESSED with Saint Etienne... Chelsea Football Club and Sarah Cracknell (don't tell my wife!) are the two big loves of my life.

So I have to ask... do we have any more St Et fans in the house?

 
Hey thanks guys that's real nice of you. I hope this won't disappoint you but the whole reggae bag was never my thing. It's my bro who was (and still is!) the big reggae fan of the family. I'm way more into stuff like Saint Etienne. It's more accurate to say I'm OBSESSED with Saint Etienne... Chelsea Football Club and Sarah Cracknell (don't tell my wife!) are the two big loves of my life.

So I have to ask... do we have any more St Et fans in the house?
200px-Sarah_Cracknell_Kellys_Locker.jpg


LOL! I thought you meant the St Etienne football club. But I looked up sweet sarah and discovered you didn't have froggy football fantasies!

 
Hey thanks guys that's real nice of you. I hope this won't disappoint you but the whole reggae bag was never my thing. It's my bro who was (and still is!) the big reggae fan of the family.
No problems, Norman, at the very least it gave me an excuse to dig out some of favourite reggae stuff :D

 
Hey that's cool. I don't actually dislike reggae, it's just not my main thing This little gem comes from a CD called Saint Etienne Presents Songs For Mario's Cafe:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top