Harry Shearer to leave The Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read Alan Shearer at first. :biggrin: For me The Simpsons has been rapidly declining for years now like others have said series 1-10 were brilliant. South Park is just streets ahead of family guy american dad ect.. They literally have no boundries. :laugh2:  

 
Completely off topic but I love the origin of this phrase. 
It's from an episode of Happy Days when the Fonz had to jump a shark while on water skis. It's when a show has run it's course and has to resort to either a rehash of old ideas or in this case a pointless stunt.

 
South Park is awesome. Like you said, it get's better and better. Imaginationland and the episodes with Coon and friends is brilliant. Also, Butters is awesome.
The Nightmare on FaceTime episode is probably one of the funniest cartoon episodes I've ever seen, genius.

 
I think The Simpsons at its peak was untouchable, there are so many classic episodes (Homie the Clown, Homer Badman, Marge vs The Monorail...). It's a shame how far it has fallen and now I couldn't care less what happens to it.

South Park is one of those rare shows that seems to get better with time. I think the humour has developed a lot from the crude scat jokes it used to rely on and it's now one of the best satirical shows on TV.

 
I don't think the first one or two Simpsons seasons were all that great. I think it hit top form around season 3-4.

 
I'll add Side Show Bob to that best character list, but he's more of a guest star... Brother from another Series and Cape Feare are classics. Loved his first major episode too where he marries Selma; Black Widower too.

Top 5 Simpsons characters people? In no real order - Moe, Mr Burns, Homer, Side Show Bob & Edna K for me.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't watched an episode of the simpsons in about 10 years. Used to enjoy it, then got bored of it. Is it any good these days?

 
When Liverpool last won the league, the first season of The Simpsons had not finished yet.

 
I'll add Side Show Bob to that best character list, but he's more of a guest star... Brother from another Series and Cape Feare are classics. Loved his first major episode too where he marries Selma; Black Widower too.

Top 5 Simpsons characters people? In no real order - Moe, Mr Burns, Homer, Side Show Bob & Edna K for me.
Homer, Cheif Wiggum, Disco Stu, Mr Burns, Ralph Wiggum

 
I'll add Side Show Bob to that best character list, but he's more of a guest star... Brother from another Series and Cape Feare are classics. Loved his first major episode too where he marries Selma; Black Widower too.

Top 5 Simpsons characters people? In no real order - Moe, Mr Burns, Homer, Side Show Bob & Edna K for me.
Homer, Mr.Burns, Bart, Ned Flanders, Principal Skinner.

I don't think the first one or two Simpsons seasons were all that great. I think it hit top form around season 3-4.
Season 2 had one of the best bits ever, Homer falling down Springfield Gorge twice :biggrin:

 
Gave up when an episode opened with that stupid Kesha song.

Not to mention they PISSED on the history of the show, by changing how Homer and Marge met, apparently now it was in the 90's, when Homer was in some sort

of grunge band.

Regular Show and Family Guy are where it's at, do like South Park, but there is way too many filler episodes.

 
I always love when they show young homer with his hair!

I can't remember the episode where he's combing it and some comes out and he says  something along the lines of "no problem plenty where that came from"

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top