Help needed again! Spotify on phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerqueen

Win or lose, support the team
Messages
10,286
Reaction score
3,503
Please can someone help before I throw something out of the f**king window.  I have been happily using my new phone (Galaxy S4) and getting to know Spotify (premium which came with the phone) when I was told I had to reinstall it because of security issues.  Fine I thought and tried to.  It said it was downloading for hours but I'd read that all the music had to be redownloaded so I thought it was a bit of a pain but was doing that so was likely to take a while.  Nothing installed so I did the turn it off and on again and the app installed quickly.  Ok I thought that was a blip now for the music.  

First playlist installed 5% and then stopped.  Basically I keep restarting the download and it's got to about 35% this time before saying syncing stopped as there's not enough storage available on the device.  I have 6.8 gb available on the phone but only 57 mb  on the sd card.  It is a big playlist but it installed on the phone before.  I can't see how to check where it is trying to install it.  I have googled and come across similar problems but no real solution.  I have spent hours going round and round in circles!

It is driving me mad!  Does anyone know what I can do?

 
Please can someone help before I throw something out of the f**king window. I have been happily using my new phone (Galaxy S4) and getting to know Spotify (premium which came with the phone) when I was told I had to reinstall it because of security issues. Fine I thought and tried to. It said it was downloading for hours but I'd read that all the music had to be redownloaded so I thought it was a bit of a pain but was doing that so was likely to take a while. Nothing installed so I did the turn it off and on again and the app installed quickly. Ok I thought that was a blip now for the music.

First playlist installed 5% and then stopped. Basically I keep restarting the download and it's got to about 35% this time before saying syncing stopped as there's not enough storage available on the device. I have 6.8 gb available on the phone but only 57 mb on the sd card. It is a big playlist but it installed on the phone before. I can't see how to check where it is trying to install it. I have googled and come across similar problems but no real solution. I have spent hours going round and round in circles!

It is driving me mad! Does anyone know what I can do?
Maybe when you reinstalled the app it saved itself on the SD card as opposed to phone memory.I remember on my old S2 when space was low and it was downloading/updating and space was running out it would just stay on that status all day.

This may not be what you need, but check to see: Go to settings > More > Application Manager > Spotify.

From here it should give an option to move to either SD card or phone, depending on where its saved. If it says move to phone click that and see what happens. More than likely will have to restart the phone to restart the updates.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried turning it off and then back on again? 

 
Have you tried turning it off and then back on again? 

Maybe when you reinstalled the app it saved itself on the SD card as opposed to phone memory.

I remember on my old S2 when space was low and it was downloading/updating and space was running out it would just stay on that status all day.

This may not be what you need, but check to see: Go to settings > More > Application Manager > Spotify.

From here it should give an option to move to either SD card or phone, depending on where its saved. If it says move to phone click that and see what happens. More than likely will have to restart the phone to restart the updates.
Ha ha FC - yes I have!

Thanks Zola - it seems that the app is installed on my phone but the music is downloaded to my sd card.  I can't see how to change the settings but I will look properly tonight to see if I can just change it to download onto my phone.  If not, I think the easiest thing will be to clear my sd card of all the old photos and other crap that is no doubt on there!  .

 
Have you tried getting an Iphone? They are much better to use.

 
I'll never get an iPhone again until they sort out their tiny screens.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
What Iphone did you have Zo? I have the 5 and the screen is big enough. I wouldnt want one of the new samsungs with the huge screens.

 
I've got an iPhone 4 at the minute, can't wait to get rid of it. 

I'll be looking to change to a phone with a really good camera on it next month when I'm eligible for my upgrade. 

 
I didnt mind my iphone 4. It was a nice little phone.

 
What Iphone did you have Zo? I have the 5 and the screen is big enough. I wouldnt want one of the new samsungs with the huge screens.
I had a 3gs ages ago. Samsung ever since. Android is the business. Once Apple get themselves a big screen I could be tempted back. But until then no way. Once you have a big screen you don't want to downsize
 
The Iphone 6 will come in 3 different sizes they are saying. I couldnt be bothered carrying a brick around again. Its like the late 90's all over again.

I want something that fits comfortably into my pocket.

 
The S4 fits into my pocket ok.  I went into the phone shop to check before choosing it!

 
The Iphone 6 will come in 3 different sizes they are saying. I couldnt be bothered carrying a brick around again. Its like the late 90's all over again.

I want something that fits comfortably into my pocket.
You would think it doesn't fit, but it does rather easily. I have a big case on it as well which adds to the size. If an upgrade is brought out with another small incremental screen size up ill probably go for it.Makes watching youtube, viewing websites etc all a good experience and does away with the need for a tablet.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of Samsung's I miss mine!  Smashed it to pieces a while back and couldn't afford to buy replacement second hand handset so have now got a crappy Sony Xperia which I hate.

If anyone has an old Galaxy then desperately want to donate to a balding cause you know where to find me!!!!!

 
I've got an iPhone 4 at the minute, can't wait to get rid of it.

I'll be looking to change to a phone with a really good camera on it next month when I'm eligible for my upgrade.
I got an iPhone 4 for work, hated it. The let me keep it when I left but its locked to vodaphone so no use to me. I can't stand them, so restrictive. Just gonna sell this one. Anyone interested?
 
Trade it in at CEX for store credit and get a new Xbox game.

 
I love Spotify because with my student card I get unlimited for £5 a month which is great, but the phone app is so buggy, even on iPhone.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top