Honest Ahanor

Think we bought him for 2027 so he is still technically an Atalanta player.
Any way around the rules that Chelsea find gets people angry, other clubs and journalists alike.

I bet this 'loophole' will be closed by next summer 2027.

 
So we bought him for the not inconsiderable sum of 40 million pounds and send him right away to Palace on loan? Is that right?
Probably a secret agreement for Lacroix, we get their last top CB, give them a kid to give game time to whilst they scout out new CBs

Or Wharton

 
We just can't stop ourselves from buying teenagers for large sums can we ?

Another one who "looks good" in a league that is nothing like the Premier League. AND expecting Palace to develop him for us while they're probably battling against relegation.

 
Any way around the rules that Chelsea find gets people angry, other clubs and journalists alike.

I bet this 'loophole' will be closed by next summer 2027.
Something's going on here. We could have loaned him to someone else and avoided any scrutiny like we've had about the way we've done the Palace loan.

It must be connected maybe to Wharton??

He would be a fantastic signing for us. Let's see

 
Something's going on here. We could have loaned him to someone else and avoided any scrutiny like we've had about the way we've done the Palace loan.

It must be connected maybe to Wharton??

He would be a fantastic signing for us. Let's see
Maybe,

I hope that's the case but you never know.

We apparently have a very good relationship with Palace so unfortunately it might be just be more attached to the Lacroix deal,

I guess we'll find out soon enough or next summer lol.

 
Any way around the rules that Chelsea find gets people angry, other clubs and journalists alike.

I bet this 'loophole' will be closed by next summer 2027.
It's not really a loophole. It's permissible if the arrangement was driven by the player (via agent) and Atalanta; it's not permissible if it was driven by Chelsea.

If the player's agent made the proposal to the clubs it would be sufficiently arm's length. As an EU player playing in the EU, UEFA third-party rules cannot be applied in a way that runs foul of EU freedom of movement and employment law. So if Ahanor's agent arranges a loan to Palace, Palace pay wages and separately arranged later transfer to Chelsea, there's nothing wrong.

The only way it would be unlawful is if Chelsea told Atalanta they were buying Ahanor on the condition he was loaned to Palace this season, since that would effectively be Chelsea financing the transfer as a third party, which is against FIFA rules.

 
It's not really a loophole. It's permissible if the arrangement was driven by the player (via agent) and Atalanta; it's not permissible if it was driven by Chelsea.

If the player's agent made the proposal to the clubs it would be sufficiently arm's length. As an EU player playing in the EU, UEFA third-party rules cannot be applied in a way that runs foul of EU freedom of movement and employment law. So if Ahanor's agent arranges a loan to Palace, Palace pay wages and separately arranged later transfer to Chelsea, there's nothing wrong.

The only way it would be unlawful is if Chelsea told Atalanta they were buying Ahanor on the condition he was loaned to Palace this season, since that would effectively be Chelsea financing the transfer as a third party, which is against FIFA rules.
I think you’re missing the point of my post.

I wasn’t saying it was wrong or unlawful, I was saying how when we do stuff everyone gets angry.

Hence why I put the word loophole in inverted commas, as in how the Chelsea haters could possibly see it.

When we sold multiple players to Saudi everyone got upset even though they all do now and suddenly it’s ok.

When we bought a young player from Villa and then sold them Maatsen people said it was a dodgy way to get around PSR by overcharging and Villa doing the same, to the point that the EPL and UEFA looked into what they see as swap deals.

I agree with what you said, I just feel you didn’t quite get the point I was trying to make.

 
I actually think it is a loophole, and it's within the rules. I think we will use this until the rules are changed, however we are probably exploring the next potential loophole in the meantime.

Many of the deals we do are non standard. We have a good understanding with Brighton Villa and now Palace it's only gonna increase Spuds next maybe - the only ones that won't play are the big boys, for fear of becoming our bitches.

We are trying to stay ahead of the posse.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The vast majority of these rules are badly thought through and implemented, they didnt think about the ways clubs would use this, and how they would need to look to "game" them. Look at the start of it all, how the claim was it would lead to more youth players getting into the 1st team, whereas they are now basically the most saleable assets clubs have and will continue to be sold much more than ever before.

 
  • Like
Reactions: OTL
So the other Chelsea defense of Ahanor and Disasi conceded 3.
A huge amount of dead wood out on loan ... BlueCo have effectively just kicked the can down the road with almost all of the 25-strong loan army, when what they really needed to do was pick it up and chuck it in the bin.

 
So the other Chelsea defense of Ahanor and Disasi conceded 3.
I mean lets be fair to Ahanor. 2 of those goals were after Disasi got sent off. From the few accounts ive heard he sounds like he's doing well

 
To be honest I am abit frustrated seeing how well he’s doing at Palace.

We could have just signed him and sold Fofana. At least he’ll have experience when he comes to us I suppose.

 
That's something you can afford to do when you have a functioning team.

We're not in a position were we can just chuck a defender where we know what we'll get (okish performances), in order to take a punt on an 18 year old from Serie A.

Also, we sold a lot of players and had quite a few arrivals. No need to shake up the squad even more for him. This is not football manager. We don't want to end up like Spurs.

Let him get a year of experience in the PL. We can see how he does and then decide if he's good enough for a place in the squad. Seems good to me as long as he's playing, which he seems to be.

 
To be honest I am abit frustrated seeing how well he’s doing at Palace.

We could have just signed him and sold Fofana. At least he’ll have experience when he comes to us I suppose.
The difficulty is his wages.

Playing for Chelsea and Palace are totally different things.

 
Back
Top