House of Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardCFC

19.05
Messages
4,480
Reaction score
814
Does anyone else watch this? I'm not far into it but I'm finding it great. Kevin Spacey is such a good actor...

 
Loved it.

Spacey nails it as Frank Underwood and its one of the strongest supporting casts I've ever watched.

Really enjoyed both seasons.

 
I've never seen the original - only knew there was a mini-series of the same name when someone told my a day or so ago. He managed to watch the entire two seasons in two days.

I'll probably end up watching it quickly, I watched Breaking Bad in a couple of weeks. This is the same, a few episodes in and I'm hooked. Spacey completely controls the whole thing, he does an amazing job portraying Frank Underwood.

 
Kevin Spacey is a brilliant actor.  But I have shied away form watching this because the original with Ian Richardson was so good.

Maybe I'll buy the first series.

 
I'm currently watching the Kevin Spacey version, second season, a brilliant actor he is indeed!

Never seen the original, are the storylines virtually the same?

 
The U.K. version has much better actors, whereas in the U.S. version there is more at stake because the U.S. presidency is the more powerful position. They're both so good though.

 
Yeah, definitely worth a watch. I got into it straight away. I'll probably watch the original when I'm finished.

 
Kevin Spacey is a brilliant actor.  But I have shied away form watching this because the original with Ian Richardson was so good.

Maybe I'll buy the first series.
"You may very well think that i couldn't possibly comment".

 
oH, PLEEEEEEEASE DO!
100% agree with you Moi i watched all three again recently and my fav is "To play the King". The scenes with Ian Richardson and Michael Kitchen are the epitome of two actors on top of there game. I have the US version on DVD (xmas present) and have heard good things but like you i just don't think it will match up with the UK version. After all "To play the King" in essence was a thinly disguised dig at the royal family and was so funny especially the Fergie type character.

 
100% agree with you Moi i watched all three again recently and my fav is "To play the King". The scenes with Ian Richardson and Michael Kitchen are the epitome of two actors on top of there game. I have the US version on DVD (xmas present) and have heard good things but like you i just don't think it will match up with the UK version. After all "To play the King" in essence was a thinly disguised dig at the royal family and was so funny especially the Fergie type character.

Ooooh!  I'm going to like you, bazza!

 
Ooooh!  I'm going to like you, bazza!
Hope i'm not going off topic here Moi, but i was at a car boot sale a few weeks ago and bought for £1 a dvd of a show i used to love but completely forgot about Chance in a Million. I forgot what a fine looking woman Brenda Blethyn was(is) but it's Simon Callow's performance that is the show really

 
Gosh!  I have never seen that - I think I'll have a look on Amazon and see what they're charging for it.  It's always good to have recommendations, and you clearly have good taste (since it coincides with mine - :happy001: )

 
And I have ordered the complete series from Amazon!  Look forward to watching that!  (it was more than a pound, though, alas!)

 
And I have ordered the complete series from Amazon!  Look forward to watching that!  (it was more than a pound, though, alas!)
Well worth it Moi hope you enjoy it a largely forgotten gem i think

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top