How Much Will A. Cole Cost Chelsea?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian M
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
qaz wrote:

I was going to add (but yes I forgot sorry) that hopefully Mikel was the exception to the rule as his was an extra-ordinary case.
here's another picture:

1998718529_1999999483_Arnesen01_pro_192221.jpg


frank sinatra himself would have been cheaper.

p.s. whatever we pay for cole will doubtless be too much andprobably used to help arsenal more than cole helps us.

 
Arsenal currently have a massive debt burden, which I believe is heavier than the debt that almost destroyed Leeds.

They have a manager with a gift for making bargain signings.

We currently have a perfectly good left-back in Wayne Bridge.

Ashley Cole is a Gooner and a t*sser and won't greatly improve our side and just isn't worth the reported ?20m fee. Or the hassle.

Signing him could cost us a hell of a lot.

 
He would cost us our dignity.

What little of it we have left.

 
Unfortunately, his price just went up by at least 5 million after Carrick's sale.

If 18.6 million buys you a young, fringe-international who has had one good season ---

Then how much for England's undisputed best left back for the last 4 years (at least)?

It would not surprise me at all if we end up paying around 30 million for him. I know it would be stupid, but it is on the cards. Imagine the damage that Wenger is going to do with that kind of a transfer kitty.

As a club, I think we have handled this situation really poorly. Why didn't we think up a more believeable decoy than Roberto Carlos? Why didn't we hand on to Del Horno until the deal was completed? And why didn't we just sign Zambrotta instead?

I really rate Ashley Cole as a player, but I think that the best course of action for us is to accept Bridge as first choice left back and sign a youngster (about Diarra's standard) as cover. Make him sweat it out at Arsenal for 6 months, and then offer them 10 mil in January and see if they bite.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top