Ian Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim W

Go ahead and play for keeps
Messages
5,206
Reaction score
240
left us 32 years ago today 18/05, incredible

 
A true musical genius, badly missed. Christ I didnt realise it was that long ago though, thats scary.

 
For everyone who hasn't seen Control, you really should check it out. Excellent film about a pretty amazing musician.

 
The word genius is used too much these days however Ian Curtis fully merits it. That he wrote some of those lyrics at the age of 21/22 is breathtaking.

I know bjd and I disagree on this but, for me, New Order were a painful bar stewardisation of Joy Division. At least they changed the name but I still couldn't stomach the move from the raw pain and power of Joy Division to the New York electric sound of New Order.

There isn't a single writer to better him since he died.


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top