Ignore List

coco

Retired Moderator
Messages
26,043
Reaction score
16,686
This post explains how to ignore another member.

Account Settings > Other Settings > Ignored Users

Who would you want to ignore ? Maybe someone who annoys you, or someone you feel is picking on you. This is how to deal with that.

It's easy to do once you know. 

Capture.JPG

apture.JPG

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a great little piece of knowledge, thanks for the heads up coco.....coco? you getting these? lol.

 
Someone say something ?  :wink:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
It is ages since I ignored anyone.  Either I am getting more tolerant (unlikely!) or members are getting less irritating!

 
I think I've only ever ignored two people - both been banned since.

Edit - I've checked and I tell a lie - four.  Two have been banned and two have disappeared.  I think anyway,  but how would I know!   :laugh2:

One at least seemed to turn up, brag about how rich he was and how he had mega expensive hospitality tickets or something and supped champagne and oysters while watching us play (I may be exaggerating here) and after he'd shoved his head up his own arse, he disappeared again.  Probably a troll.

And one was a United fan I think who was a dick.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think I've only ever ignored two people - both been banned since.

Edit - I've checked and I tell a lie - four.  Two have been banned and two have disappeared.  I think anyway,  but how would I know!   :laugh2:

One at least seemed to turn up, brag about how rich he was and how he had mega expensive hospitality tickets or something and supped champagne and oysters while watching us play (I may be exaggerating here) and after he'd shoved his head up his own arse, he disappeared again.  Probably a troll.

And one was a United fan I think who was a dick.
 I gathered this from the previous fragment of that sentence.

 
 I gathered this from the previous fragment of that sentence.
Out of curiosity (and because I'm sad) I have checked up on the people I ignored.  One was the twat who insisted on calling Oscar "thing", and I was right about the United fan - a dick who posted on here about Utd ad nauseum - a blow by blow account when they were playing - FFS who cared?  And one of course was Peter Sage - I'm sure everyone had him on ignore by the end didn't they?  Still smile at him calling Bobby, Hogan the whole time!  

 
Out of curiosity (and because I'm sad) I have checked up on the people I ignored.  One was the twat who insisted on calling Oscar "thing", and I was right about the United fan - a dick who posted on here about Utd ad nauseum - a blow by blow account when they were playing - FFS who cared?  And one of course was Peter Sage - I'm sure everyone had him on ignore by the end didn't they?  Still smile at him calling Bobby, Hogan the whole time!  
Just be grateful that the mods got rid of Horsewithnoname before you joined.  He was far and away the most obnoxious bar steward ever to sully these threads! 

 
This is excellent, I've been updating my ignore list with huge enthusiasm!

 
Just be grateful that the mods got rid of Horsewithnoname before you joined.  He was far and away the most obnoxious bar steward ever to sully these threads! 
Even worse than BD? That's saying something.

I've got 25 in my ignore list, about half of them are banned, and out of the rest there are 3 or 4 active posters. They tend to post most often in the matchday threads, so occasionally when I go there I see nothing but empty space, which is a huge improvement.

 
Haven't got anyone in mine at the moment. I only tend to use it when a turboc**t comes along like BlueDaze or slightly further back, onebelo. 

 
Haven't got anyone in mine at the moment. I only tend to use it when a turboc**t comes along like BlueDaze or slightly further back, onebelo. 

Turboc**t!!  What an excellent word!  I shall add that to my working vocabulary.  BlueDaze (or Bidet as I thought of him) was a pussycat compared to Horsewithnoname!  He was a massive turboc**t!

 
Haven't got anyone in mine at the moment. I only tend to use it when a turboc**t comes along like BlueDaze or slightly further back, onebelo. 
Onebellend I always thought of him.

 
Turboc**t!!  What an excellent word!  I shall add that to my working vocabulary.  BlueDaze (or Bidet as I thought of him) was a pussycat compared to Horsewithnoname!  He was a massive turboc**t!
I can't remember him. How long ago was he around? Before I joined?

 
I have never ignored anyone. Though there have been a helluva lot where I didn't agree with a single word they posted. I feel it's relatively easy to spot those who are on a wind up so, just take the piss and wind them back. If they go too far, and they usually do fairly quickly, the mods will jump on them pretty quick.

Also, I have been wrong about a few. For example Spudulike. When he first came on I thought he was far too nice and sensible to be real. I thought it was a front as I have never met any Tottenham fan like that when it comes to talking about Chelsea and believe me, I know fecking hundreds all the way back to the 70s. Funnily enough Chippy was one of the posters I disagreed with most during Jose first tenure, and yet subsequently I realised I had taken it too far and he was simply as passionate about the club as I was. We just had a different view. I really miss the old git now and these forums are a poorer place without him IMO.

Lastly, it's that old saying. If we were all the same the world would be a fecking boring place.

 
Back
Top