Davey Baby
Win or lose, up the Blues
- Messages
- 8,317
- Reaction score
- 3,631
Had an idea ..
So, say for example we lose to QPR at Loftus Road, get two players sent off, and there's an incident causing our skipper to lose his England captaincy and perhaps his England place.
I know I know, but imagine.
Now, the very next day, loads of QPR fans visit this site, for reasons best known to themselves. When I say "loads", obviously they haven't got "loads", but you know what I mean.
They start "trolling". I believe that's the correct term. And people (who really should know better) "bite", i.e. they "feed" the troll, and the troll gets what he or she was looking for.
Now, in such circumstances the mods will invariably ban said trolls, which can be a painstaking process I imagine, particularly if there are a few of them, and particularly if they keep coming back under different guises. This would demand constant scrutiny I imagine, to stop the boards going crazy.
Imagine if, rather than ban these trolls, the mods were able to make their posts invisible, i.e. they could keep posting to their heart's content but nobody (except themselves of course) could see their posts. That way, not only does it save the mods the trouble of having to keep looking out for them and banning them, but it also means the trolls waste their own time, unaware that their posts are invisible, hence they keep posting, keep trying to wind everyone up, and keep taking precious hours out of their day (I'm aware that they probably have a lot of time on their hands, but still, you get my drift).
What do you think?
Am I a genius or what?
So, say for example we lose to QPR at Loftus Road, get two players sent off, and there's an incident causing our skipper to lose his England captaincy and perhaps his England place.
I know I know, but imagine.
Now, the very next day, loads of QPR fans visit this site, for reasons best known to themselves. When I say "loads", obviously they haven't got "loads", but you know what I mean.
They start "trolling". I believe that's the correct term. And people (who really should know better) "bite", i.e. they "feed" the troll, and the troll gets what he or she was looking for.
Now, in such circumstances the mods will invariably ban said trolls, which can be a painstaking process I imagine, particularly if there are a few of them, and particularly if they keep coming back under different guises. This would demand constant scrutiny I imagine, to stop the boards going crazy.
Imagine if, rather than ban these trolls, the mods were able to make their posts invisible, i.e. they could keep posting to their heart's content but nobody (except themselves of course) could see their posts. That way, not only does it save the mods the trouble of having to keep looking out for them and banning them, but it also means the trolls waste their own time, unaware that their posts are invisible, hence they keep posting, keep trying to wind everyone up, and keep taking precious hours out of their day (I'm aware that they probably have a lot of time on their hands, but still, you get my drift).
What do you think?
Am I a genius or what?