Inane use of moving pictures

yorkleyblue

Plastic Professor of Knowitall at the Sky Universi
Messages
8,295
Reaction score
6,510
Mods

is there anything you can do to stop the posting of these inane little moving pictures that appear to have become more prevalent of late?

I log in, go to View new content and look for the threads that interest me.  "Oh, goody", I say to myself, "someone has posted something insightful (or otherwise) in xxxx thread"

So, I click on that and all I find is some smartarse has spent ages trawling (and trolling) around some moving picture web site and has posted one, which adds nothing to the discussion, has no intrinsic value and just shows the poster to be a derivative, un-original dimsh*t who is just wasting people's time.

Surely, there is a place for this sort of idiocy, perhaps the Playschool Lovers Forum, or www.ILoveZippyBungleAndGeorge.com but not in here, where, until recently, the level of debate and poster contribution was at least on some sort of adult level, if not always enlightening, accurate or sensible.

Enough of this, put some sort of filter in place.

Thank you in advance for your swift action in this matter, I know you will sort this.

In Mod we trust, Mod Mitt Uns, etc

 
I think they're called gifs but I fully agree. Unless it highlights a point that someone's making they are far, far too overused on here. I get it, what that person posted was funny/shocking/stupid but you don't need to post a bloody gif every time to show your reaction.

 
joker-slow-clap.gif


(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Anyway, I'm guilty of the use of .gif's but try not to over do it too much, I do find them funny which is why I like to use them.

However, I like to think that I do my best to contribute to the debate on the forum and not just post "empty" replies which I agree can be boring if you're going through a thread and you see no actual discussion taking place. 

 
Oh, I don't know, I thought the gifs of people dancing in the "Mikel moving to Turkey" or whatever the thread's name was, were pretty funny!

 
There's an Ilovebungleandzippyandgeorge website??  Oh super!

Only one T in "mit" Kev my sweet.

You're right though - it is exceedingly annoying to enter a thread hoping to read some joined up thinking, only to find yet another extract from the latest teenage fad.

Grumpy Old Farts Unite - new acronym GOFU  

XXXXXXX

 
yes they are truly atrocious.

I know a picture is meant to say a thousand words but when those words are 'I am a witless idiot' repeated over and over it does begin to grate.

these people are basically the same lot that relentlessly parrot dire television catchphrases whenever there is an almost imperceptible pause in what I suppose we'd have to describe as a 'conversation'*.

they're inescapable.

*I say 'conversation' but if you placed two fruit machines opposite one another you'd end up with pretty much the same level of discourse.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
yes they are truly atrocious.

I know a picture is meant to say a thousand words but when those words are 'I am a witless idiot' repeated over and over it does begin to grate.

these people are basically the same lot that relentlessly parrot dire television catchphrases whenever there is an almost imperceptible pause in what I suppose we'd have to describe as a 'conversation'*.

they're inescapable.

*I say 'conversation' but if you placed two fruit machines opposite one another you'd end up with pretty much the same level of discourse.
tumblr_lpdofb0WLB1qe6ztc.gif


 
yes they are truly atrocious.

I know a picture is meant to say a thousand words but when those words are 'I am a witless idiot' repeated over and over it does begin to grate.

these people are basically the same lot that relentlessly parrot dire television catchphrases whenever there is an almost imperceptible pause in what I suppose we'd have to describe as a 'conversation'*.

they're inescapable.

*I say 'conversation' but if you placed two fruit machines opposite one another you'd end up with pretty much the same level of discourse.

God I wish I'd said that!!

 
Aaargghhh!  Television catch phrases!  I worked in a school when Little Britain was at its height.  Can you begin to imagine what that was like.......?  Just sit for a minute and think about it.......!  Then double the irritation you just imagined,.  In fact, I seem to remember I banned any mention of it within my hearing (yes, the kids loved me!)  :biggrin:

 
Mods

is there anything you can do to stop the posting of these inane little moving pictures that appear to have become more prevalent of late?

I log in, go to View new content and look for the threads that interest me.  "Oh, goody", I say to myself, "someone has posted something insightful (or otherwise) in xxxx thread"

So, I click on that and all I find is some smartarse has spent ages trawling (and trolling) around some moving picture web site and has posted one, which adds nothing to the discussion, has no intrinsic value and just shows the poster to be a derivative, un-original dimsh*t who is just wasting people's time.

Surely, there is a place for this sort of idiocy, perhaps the Playschool Lovers Forum, or www.ILoveZippyBungleAndGeorge.com but not in here, where, until recently, the level of debate and poster contribution was at least on some sort of adult level, if not always enlightening, accurate or sensible.

Enough of this, put some sort of filter in place.

Thank you in advance for your swift action in this matter, I know you will sort this.

In Mod we trust, Mod Mitt Uns, etc
What?! NO!!

wmjez6.gif


Sucks to be old . Get all cantankerous.

2ptc428.jpg


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top