International break - list time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand New Eyes - Paramore

Poetry of the Deed - Frank Turner

Nimrod - Green Day

Does This Look Infected? - Sum 41

21st Century Breakdown - Green Day

 
I think that might have been me. I bought it quite recently due to recommendation from a friend and appreciation of Free Bird. It's a solid album.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was you, plokkers. Skynyrd's first and best studio album, it was great to hear it again!

 
Eraser - Thom Yorke

All Hope is Gone - Slipknot

Black Album - Metallica*

Rage Against the Machine (RATM)*

Invaders Must Die - The Prodigy (dedicated to Craig Bellamy, of course)**

Clarinet Concerto - Aaron Copeland (sorry, forgot the soloist/orhestra/conductor)***

* teaching my son to play these songs on guitar

** all my son wants to listen to in the car

*** what I need to listen to after all of the above

 
Porcupine Tree - The Incident
a great disappointment, that one. they will be in hungary on nov 1 for the first time but if they'll play only from the new album(as in the US) i'll probably won't be bothered to attend. would love to hear any of their previous albums live though.

anyway, these were the most listened albums on my playlist in the last few weeks:

Isis - Panopticon

Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii

The Melvins - The Crybaby(though only one track, Divorced, but probably that one is the most played song on the playlist :D)

OSI - OSI

Dog Fashion Disco - Erotic Massage

Mr. Bungle - Goddammit I Love America

 
Actually on first hearing The Incident was a disappointment, but on further listening it's growing on me. I'm off to see them in Stockholm in ten days time, this will be my eighth PT gig. If you get the chance see them their music takes on a completely different depth live. Seeing Gavin Harrison play live is an experience in itself. In the states they played the whole of the Incident followed by a hour or so of older material (from Deadwing and Fear of a Dead Planet)

 
Last 5 I have listened to (at least I think they were) are:

The Rolling Stones Rock 'n' Roll Circus

The soundtrack from Bleu (from the Three Colours trilogy)

Neil Young - After the Goldrush

The Pogues - Rum Sodomy & The Lash

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black

 
The XX - XX

Miike Snow - Miike Snow

Karnivool - Sound Awake

Maybeshewill - Sing The Word Hope In Four Part Harmony

The Butterfly Effect - Final Conversation Of Kings

 
Good man. I love Buckcherry! (i really should know better though!)
Me too. Ben and Steve who put a gate up for me insisted that I had a copy, and I found it curiously, but embarrassingly, alluring ;)

 
The Sonics - Boom

The Kinks - Best of the Kinks

A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders

My mate's wedding CD (we all got to pick a song, mine is Roadrunner by Johnathan Richman and the Modern Lovers)

Interpol - Antics

 
The Sonics - Boom
Is that the great 1960's garage band from Tacoma, WA? If so, my respect for your musical taste has just increased!

This is "Psycho" from 1965, brilliant but underrated tune.

 
It absolutely is Steve. Love this band. So Raw and full of energy, the lead singer sounds like his voice box is soon to fall out at any minute. Love Cindarella, Skinny Minnie, Hith-hike, The Hustler, THe Witch.....f**k it, the whole album is just great!

 
Here is another of the Sonic's songs for you Steve. The video shows a lot of "forgotten" bands from that era. In Seattle there were quite a few bands around at that time who were exploding the garage scene. Also you had the Kingsmen from Portland with their FBI probed song "Louie Louie" (which Portland wanted to adopt as their city's song, and the Sonics do a great version of).

It truly is, in my mind, one of the eras that then brought about Punk, bands like MC5, the Stooges, the Cramps and many others I can hear being influenced right here in bands like the Sonics, The Wailers, Paul Revere and the Raiders.

Class music from them all

 
One of my Dads favorite bands is The Sonics - he claims 'The Witch' is the first heavy metal record ever made!

I do like the 'Have love Will Travel' song too - was used in a advert here recently , cant recall which on though.

 
i haven't listened them since the 90s, but in the last few days i couldn't stop watching this video :D

 
It absolutely is Steve. Love this band. So Raw and full of energy, the lead singer sounds like his voice box is soon to fall out at any minute. Love Cindarella, Skinny Minnie, Hith-hike, The Hustler, THe Witch.....f**k it, the whole album is just great!
Nice one, Scott!

I got into The Sonics about 6 years ago, all thanks to Mojo magazine. Their June 2003 copy included a free CD entitled "Mojo Music Guide Vol.1 - Instant Garage", full of great tracks including of course, The Sonics - "Psycho" was by far the stand out track. I immediately went out and bought the CD "The Sonics - The Jerden Years 1966-1969", absolutely brilliant!

It truly is, in my mind, one of the eras that then brought about Punk, bands like MC5, the Stooges, the Cramps and many others I can hear being influenced right here in bands like the Sonics, The Wailers, Paul Revere and the Raiders.
Spot on mate :D

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Karnivool - Sound Awake
it was on my waiting list for some time, yesterday i finally decided to give it a try. i should have done it earlier, it's really good. not as good as tool but comes close and that's much more than what other bands achieved :P

 
another gem i recently aquired is cg3+2 by california guitar trio. (+2 stands for tony levin and pat mastelotto.)

an amazing piece of music by five exceptional musicians.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top