Jacqui Oatley on Match of The Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

First Team Regular
Messages
5,326
Reaction score
0
From The Guardian:

Move over Motty!On Saturday Jacqui Oatley becomes Match of the Day's first female commentator. The news has some men in the game crying foul. Why?
Full article here: http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/04/19/move_over_motty.htmlhttp://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/ ... motty.html

Personally I don't mind a woman commentating, not in principle anyway - as long as she's good enough, then why not? However, on the few occasions I've heard Jacqui Oatley commentating on Radio 5 live, she's been bloody awful.

 
Don't think women should be allowed at football matches anyway.

But one thing that should help is that women don't have opinions, so at least they commentary should be factual!!!!

starts running for cover!

 
Im sure that reply will go down a treat Barn . Although i doubt my wife would agree with ya .

 
Im sure that reply will go down a treat Barn . Although i doubt my wife would agree with ya .
But Barn reckon's women don't have an opinion
300.gif


hiding.gif


 
I can't stand women commentators! I'll have to watch MOTD with the sound turned down - well, admittedly, I already do that when Motson's commentating! I don't understand why women commentators are even being considered - whenever I've heard a woman covering a game on the radio it just doesn't sound right. You just know that when theirs a lull in the game, she'll start wittering on about a pair of shoes she saw during the week, or asking her co-commentator if her bum looks big when she wears headphones.

Women should only be allowed to commentate on women's football (bloody awful waste of time that is, too!), and men should only be allowed to cover the male game.

Right, I'm off to hide now.......
icon_lol.gif


 
I will be very happy with it as long as she wears seductive clothing and gives the camera Nigella style suggestive looks.

Im also off to hide.

 
As long as a woman's good enough I can't see why they shouldn't be allowed to commentate on a game. They can know as much as men about football. Also it can make a nice difference from the "manly" voices you have to endure.

We have had a woman commentator in Sweden actually. Though she basicaly just talked before the game, after and in the half time break. Based on that I should say that every woman should be banned from football because that Swedish woman was absolutely awful.

Her tactical notes were "for Sweden to score a goal we need to shoot the ball at the goal without the keeper saving it".

I bet I have more knowledge of football in one of my oddly shaped balls than she has in her entire body.

 
i admit i'm sexist on this one...she's not welcome as far as i'm concerned...it's just beeb being politically correct...bet there are a few more talented guys passed up just cos she's a woman

 
Q Gerrard or Lampard? A Gerrard...I was lucky enough to be reporting at the ?Gerrard Final?. Phenomenal
That was Mourinho's first trophy for Chelsea, wasn't it? Great goal by Stevens.

Well said Jacqui. Pity your tits aren't bigger.

 
I am gonna be sexist on this too, I don't think women should commentate on footie. Don't even like Gaby.

Motty gets on my nerves too by the way.

 
I just want someone who knows his/her stuff, who has a pleasant voice, and who doesn't believe in Chelsea-bashing.

 
Q Lager or bitter?A Lager... I'm not bitter

Q Love or money?

A Love

Q Rugby Union or Rugby League?

A Rubgy League
Buy her a pint of lager (or even better, tell her your skint but you l*ve her and she'll buy you a pint), read up on Rugby League, rubbish Rugby Union and you're in there
icon_wink.gif


 
Ok I've just watched Jaqui Oatley's debut on Match of The Day. To be fair, she wasn't as bad as when I've heard her on Radio 5 ... but then on TV she didn't have to talk anywhere near as much as she did on the radio. And besides, the BBC have had several hours to edit out any blatant cockups. To coin a phrase. As it is, her commentary was pretty much by the numbers, riddled with cliches, including a remark about whoever the Blackburn player was who put in the cross that led to their goal having acres of space, when he had nothing of the sort.

 
Watched MOTD last night, and Jaqui Oatley was commentating on Fulham v Blackburn.

Just as I expected, I found her commentary extremely annoying - not because of what she said, but because of her voice. I just can't stand a woman commentating on football, either on TV or radio - I don't even like them doing match reports. To me, the female voice just doesn't sound right in that environment.

It's not a totally sexist thing, there are plenty of male commentators whose voices make me wanna kick the TV screen in, or throw the radio out the window!

So, in conclusion, women should stick to doing the housework and shagging their partners, rather than worrying their pretty little heads about important things like football.........
icon_wink.gif
icon_lol.gif


 
I thought she was doing OK right up to the point she had to commentate on a goal, I didn't feel she got anywhere near conveying the excitement of scoring (easy boys) however this was her first time doing it so there is no reason why she won't improve over time.

 
First attempt on TV yes, but not her first attempt at commentating. Her performance last night was a lot more subdued than when I've heard her on the radio. And you can just about guarantee that one week out of four she'll have the screaming abdabs.
hiding.gif


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top