JFK documentary - Ch5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it's LHO and another. Common sense would make LHO the dupe and a.n.other an experienced marksman.

Does LHO take part knowingly (and why?) or is his presence coincidental but obviously very helpful?
Yes - LHO & another experienced marksman for sure. Your 2nd question is the most intriguing one for which we'll never have an answer.

 
Well that calls for all sorts of speculation on my part. What I do believe after extensive reading & consideration for the best part of 30 odd years is as follows: Do I believe that LHO fired the Mannlicher on the day ? Yes. Do I believe that LHO acted alone? Certainly not. Do I believe that only 3 shots were fired? Certainly not. Do I believe that LHO fired the fatal head shot? No. Do I believe that the Warren Commission disregarded certain critical evidence? Absolutely. Do I believe that LHO was a patsy? In part, yes.
Thanks. I need to do some more reading about this!

The one other thing that seems obvious is that whoever 'they' were, they were not messing around. If the missing x-rays showed fragments from a frangible round then someone wanted JFK dead on that day and was taking the matter very seriously. I.e. ensuring that any hits would cause maximum damage.

Thanks for your info again. Most interesting.

 
Thanks. I need to do some more reading about this!
Be careful what you wish for.... ;-) It is, at least to me, a very vexed subject - that ends up asking more questions than it answers but then again probably no more vexing than most historical subjects. Like most of history I doubt that we'll ever really obtain the comprehensive truth.

 
A few years back I was in Dallas and went to the the site...the book depositary is a museum now and you can stand right next to the window where Oswald fired...now I'm now gun expert, but it just made you doubt even more how one individual could fire three shots with perfect precision at a moving target in such short time...also took a wonder round the grassy knoll, it's all very eerie, especially as they have two x's in the road, one to signify the first shot, the last, the kill shot...for me, one of the main things that convinces me there was a conspiracy is just how dodgy everyone acted afterwards...I mean, they handled evidence over the murder of a president worse than an ordinary joe...and to allow jack ruby to just waltz up to the most wanted man in America and kill him before he could tell his story is just way too convenient...

 
A few years back I was in Dallas and went to the the site...the book depositary is a museum now and you can stand right next to the window where Oswald fired...now I'm now gun expert, but it just made you doubt even more how one individual could fire three shots with perfect precision at a moving target in such short time...also took a wonder round the grassy knoll, it's all very eerie, especially as they have two x's in the road, one to signify the first shot, the last, the kill shot...for me, one of the main things that convinces me there was a conspiracy is just how dodgy everyone acted afterwards...I mean, they handled evidence over the murder of a president worse than an ordinary joe...and to allow jack ruby to just waltz up to the most wanted man in America and kill him before he could tell his story is just way too convenient...
It's interesting to learn about the museum and the two x's marked on the road (and the tree). I didn't realise you could look out of the window used by LHO - pretty amazing.

I agree that a lot went wrong for JFK that day - a chain of errors and bad events. And Ruby. Well, as you say, how could that happen? It was a different time of course (in terms of how police went about their business) but how was he able to be so close to LHO?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awy3h5QK7WI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ruby shoots LHO. The weapon was a 'Snubnose' .38 Colt Cobra. These guns were compact and easily concealable. They had a shory barrel that aided concealment but reduced range when compared to a full-sized revolver. Range wasn't an issue with Ruby and LHO.

The stated cause of death in the autopsy report was "hemorrhage secondary to gunshot wound..."

 

The Zapruder film. No sound because (I guess) it was a cine-only camera that could not record sound.

It is bloody.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top