Jules Kounde

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sindre
  • Start date Start date
Fabrizio Romano says it is Zouma+Cash.


Tuchel really doesn't appreciate height it seems. 

 
So what you’re saying is we should bring Peter Crouch out of retirement and have link up with Rudiger and Silva?
Oh is Crouchy retired?

So no chance of last minute fight with Spurs for him ala Llorente..

On a serious note Kounde was closely linked to a team of spurs level..that says all..

 
I don't think we need another CB with Silva, Christensen, Rüdiger, Azpi and Zouma and maybe James becoming a RCB in the longterm, but would have preferred us to try and go for Varane than Kounde if we bought one.

The few times I saw Kounde play he didn't impress me, but he seems to be highly regarded so there's certainly worse signings we could make. Anyways, I wish him all the best if we sign him, but won't be gutted if we don't...

 
Watching him on YouTube highlight clips, that most reliable of sources, he looks  good  on the ball as well as in defence. Like whatTomori mighthabebeen but maybe better and without the errors. At the start of the transfer window I looked for a defender and a midfielder and Kounde does look good on YouTube. So that’s ok, and he wants to come apparently. Of course it’s not haaland so somehow that’s become a problem. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
In games I watched him, he was looking good. He has a promising reputation in European football, only 22 years old and highly rated defender.

I very hope that our scouts put a good report on him because La Liga and PL are different worlds in physical game. 

All reports are leading towards the signing, so I guess we might get here a promising defender that can improve and become a world class level defender.

 
My favourite part about these signings is that all the Twitter ITKs etc were completely blindsided, especially hilarious as most of them are trying to monetise their glorified gossip columns. They are fed information from the club and only know what the club wants them to know.

If you're paying for this nonsense please re-examine your life choices

 
Btw, if anyone's a bit disappointed and wanted Varane, this Kounde news appeared on the same day that United pretty much confirmed their deal, so it's possible that we were trying to negotiate with him but maybe we're unwilling to double his 170k/week wages like Utd is rumoured to do. 

I would love to give them Alonso or Emerson... Lets us keep Happy, please... 

 
Btw, if anyone's a bit disappointed and wanted Varane, this Kounde news appeared on the same day that United pretty much confirmed their deal, so it's possible that we were trying to negotiate with him but maybe we're unwilling to double his 170k/week wages like Utd is rumoured to do. 

I would love to give them Alonso or Emerson... Lets us keep Happy, please... 
I have seen a few people mention they would have rather had Varane. I’m not sure. By all accounts, Kounde was loads better in La Liga this past season. To me, Kounde seems to be a more exciting signing with much more upside.

 
I don't think we need another CB with Silva, Christensen, Rüdiger, Azpi and Zouma and maybe James becoming a RCB in the longterm, but would have preferred us to try and go for Varane than Kounde if we bought one.

The few times I saw Kounde play he didn't impress me, but he seems to be highly regarded so there's certainly worse signings we could make. Anyways, I wish him all the best if we sign him, but won't be gutted if we don't...


Not, if you're playing a back 4. 

LB. Chillwell, Alonso, Emerson. One of these will probably get sold.

RB: James, Azpi

CB. Silva, Rudiger, Christensen, Zouma, NEW CB. That's a healthy back up list for CB. Silva is injury prone, and will provide maybe 1 more season at best.

 
Seems that this is our alternative to Hakimi despite them playing in different positions. For what was going to be a long term axis of Hakimi wing back and Reece RCB will now be Reece wingback and Kounde RCB. With CHO, Azpi and possibly Sterling providing the competition/cover.

Not totally sure what to feel about that, I'm happy with signing Kounde but Reece's talents are wasted as a wingback.

 
Seems that this is our alternative to Hakimi despite them playing in different positions. For what was going to be a long term axis of Hakimi wing back and Reece RCB will now be Reece wingback and Kounde RCB. With CHO, Azpi and possibly Sterling providing the competition/cover.

Not totally sure what to feel about that, I'm happy with signing Kounde but Reece's talents are wasted as a wingback.
Disagree on Reece. He was brilliant in the CL final and he can be world class as a right back, wing back, CB and CM. He has all the tools to be superb in all of them.

 
I have seen a few people mention they would have rather had Varane. I’m not sure. By all accounts, Kounde was loads better in La Liga this past season. To me, Kounde seems to be a more exciting signing with much more upside.
A few years ago I thought Varane would be a great signing but I wasn't overly impressed with him when we faced Real Madrid last season, nor in the Euros for France. That being said he should be an upgrade on CB options for United to partner Maguire.

 
10688538_20210728011314.JPG


 
He's a top athlete and I don't think his height is a problem. With him we will be able to play with a back 4 without problems and he's still not even close to his prime. Shorter players have always been the very best anyway...

 
Disagree on Reece. He was brilliant in the CL final and he can be world class as a right back, wing back, CB and CM. He has all the tools to be superb in all of them.
I fully agree with all the other positions but wingback I just don't see it, maybe for the odd do or die game for tactical reasons but week by week i just don't see it.

It also limits his freedom to cut inside to the middle of the pitch, like how he did to score THAT goal at Brighton.

 
This is how I see the 3 French lads signed this window

Konaté - Only played a couple of months of football.  Scouser's think they got Upamecano

Varane - Carried by Sergio Ramos for Years.  Premier League is going to hit him hard!

Koundé -  Carried Sevilla single handedly by himself in defence and attack.  All the pros of a young David Luiz without the flaws. Turn down Spurs, world class already.

 
This is how I see the 3 French lads signed this window

Konaté - Only played a couple of months of football.  Scouser's think they got Upamecano

Varane - Carried by Sergio Ramos for Years.  Premier League is going to hit him hard!

Koundé -  Carried Sevilla single handedly by himself in defence and attack.  All the pros of a young David Luiz without the flaws. Turn down Spurs, world class already.
Very objective (subjective) view. No Chelsea bias what so ever 😂. 

Anyway Varane is a top CB. Konate's athleticism will also help him in the Prem. 

But top post anyway. 

 
Back
Top