Kai Havertz

mwblue10

First Team Regular
Messages
2,369
Reaction score
1,160
I know it is assumed that he will join Bayern, but I figured he deserved his own thread as Nizaar Kinsella listed him as one of the club’s targets.

Think he’s best as a number 10 or false 9, but is certainly capable of playing as a RW.  Physically/athletically I think he fits the PL better than Ziyech, but positionally I think they are of the same mold.  Ziyech is probably the better player right now but much older.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've seen he looks amazing all things considered. Honestly I can't really think of many players being that tall that play like him.

For some odd reason on whoscored it says his crossing is a weak part of his game but he looks really capable of crossing the ball.

Maybe it's a bit too early to predict but if he doesn't get injured he looks like a new Ballack, not joking he has a lot of quality. 

 
Rumors are Manchester teams, Liverpool want him. Oh well.

 
Rumors are Manchester teams, Liverpool want him. Oh well.
if only we had an ex bayer leverkusen and germany legend, who played the same position, and that could vouch for how great it is to play for chelsea under lampard, an ex team mate and also world class midfielder....hmmm

 
He's a good player (and left footed) but honestly Ruben last year before his injury was quite good and he is one of ours. Prefer we stay the course with him. 

 
He just scored twice. I heard that Ballack told him to stay in Leverkusen, maybe he's preping him for the Bridge in due time...

 
Scored again, going up another level as a false 9.

If only we had a ex German player who's he's been compared too that could get in his ear........

 
Last edited by a moderator:
His style of play is just so nonchalant, even the way he scores his goals.

So what's the consensus on here, if we could have either Havertz or Sancho?

 
His style of play is just so nonchalant, even the way he scores his goals.

So what's the consensus on here, if we could have either Havertz or Sancho?
It’s be Havertz for me someone to push Mount. Plus when you couple the free for Sancho with being pretty comfortable in his position I think it makes the decision easier. I don’t think we’d get him but he’s certainly one to watch

 
I said this in an earlier thread but I think he is an answer to a question that is already answered. Spends much of his time in the right inside channel that we have just bought Ziyech for. Also takes up spaces that would suit Ruben and Mason. 

I watched last night as well and I have to say I wasn't thinking 100m based on that performance. He scored with a pretty weak finish that Sommer should have saved and then with a penalty. His contribution beyond that was a bit so so. 

My overwhelming take was that the game was so slow. It had no energy, or pressure without the crowd. Two of the best Bundesliga teams and it was a bit of a fizzer. I'm not actually convinced that these games are a fair reflection of what it is like playing with a full stadium. It just seems so much more relaxed. 

 
I said this in an earlier thread but I think he is an answer to a question that is already answered. Spends much of his time in the right inside channel that we have just bought Ziyech for. Also takes up spaces that would suit Ruben and Mason. 

I watched last night as well and I have to say I wasn't thinking 100m based on that performance. He scored with a pretty weak finish that Sommer should have saved and then with a penalty. His contribution beyond that was a bit so so. 

My overwhelming take was that the game was so slow. It had no energy, or pressure without the crowd. Two of the best Bundesliga teams and it was a bit of a fizzer. I'm not actually convinced that these games are a fair reflection of what it is like playing with a full stadium. It just seems so much more relaxed. 
I agree the fee is a bit wild & I just don’t see anyone buying him this summer at that price. He might move next season at a very reduced price when he has 1yr left on his contract, probably to Bayern. The Bavarians do love collecting German talents, and he looks like the heir to Muller.

He is a tricky one to assess, and I am still not certain about him. For one he has played most of the season as a False 9, and I do wonder if his output would translate to a bigger team. All round game is a bit dodgy when playing as a 10, and reminds me a lot of Dele Alli. He steals the headlines when he scores, but if he doesn’t you are left scratching your head.

 
I agree the fee is a bit wild & I just don’t see anyone buying him this summer at that price. He might move next season at a very reduced price when he has 1yr left on his contract, probably to Bayern. The Bavarians do love collecting German talents, and he looks like the heir to Muller.

He is a tricky one to assess, and I am still not certain about him. For one he has played most of the season as a False 9, and I do wonder if his output would translate to a bigger team. All round game is a bit dodgy when playing as a 10, and reminds me a lot of Dele Alli. He steals the headlines when he scores, but if he doesn’t you are left scratching your head.
Alli is actually a good comparison. For me if Ruben could stay fit for 5 games at a time he has all of Havertz's game covered and then some. 

Only thing that really appeals to me is his left foot which makes me wonder whether Ruben and Havertz could play together with Kante covering both in behind.

 
Sancho or Havertz is a tricky one.

Just thinking individual quality wise i'd say Kai but Jadon has the chemistry with the two young wingers already here, something which can't be discounted.

 
It's tricky because we don't know where Frank is going to play Ziyech & RLC. That would give us some direction.

 


His finishing reminds me of Eidur. Not many players these days go for cool finishes. This boy loves them it seems. I always loved that about Eidur. Not the power but the precision. Maybe some Anelka in him as well.

As mentioned earlier his sort of ubercool approach makes you wonder if he has fight in him. Is he able to make dirty goals and put his foot in places that can hurt. Premier league is still a more physical league than Bundesleague.

 
He reminds me of Muller from how he plays but more much more talented on the ball in comparison. I would be surprised if he leaves Leverkusen this year.

 
Leverkusen is fighting for CL spots and looking likely to achieve that. If I was him I would probably stay another season with them as well. No reason to leave (other than bigger salary).

 
Back
Top