L.A. Noire

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks brilliant, I just hope it doesnt follow GTA games and Red Dead and start brilliant but become very predictable and samey after a while.

 
Anyone out there who has played this one? Pretty excited about getting my hands on this, though a first hand review would be great.

 
Definitely getting it tomorrow, looks superb and has some brilliant reviews.

 
Read some reviews, still going to buy it (once I buy my own PS3 since my roommate moved out with his) but heard it can get a tad repetitive. The real disappointing thing to me was that it sounds like no matter how many clues you miss, you'll still end up catching the bad guy, one way or the other. I'm still looking forward to playing it though!

 
Bought my very own PS3 today and picked this game up as well. I'm really enjoying it so far, just spent the majority of the night playing through some of the cases.

 
Tell all, :)

is it as realistic as everyone is banging on about?

 
Ok so first, I think I really like the game. However, I will list some of the cons. It can get a little repetitive going case-to-case, the game might be too short, and the big twist that occurs about 3/4 of the way through the game (where I am currently at) just seems unnecessary right now, but I may change my mind about that after I've beaten it. Also, so you are aware, there really isn't a lot of action. Some cases have gunfights or fistfights, and there are some car chases, but don't go in thinking that this is like GTA.

I'm 3/4 way through the game because I have been playing it for the better part of three days, it gets pretty addicting at times. The interrogations are fun, especially if you don't cheat and look up the answers on the internet. Getting the questions wrong can make it harder to figure something out, but it makes it more fun.

You guys should give it a try, but given its length (probably 15-20 hours main storyline) you may want to borrow it or rent it.

 
Going along ok, annoyed that I get stuck sometimes and can't get out of places. That's my only gripe. I also don't like the main guy much, he seems too much of a straight man. I prefer my imaginary cops to be Harry Callahan types. They're more interesting.

 
A quick question to the guys who have it, if I didnt really like the GTA games and soon got bored of the repetitive nature of Red Dead, is it still worth getting LA Noire or should I not bother.

 
Um I agree with ace, it is good but it might be a bit short. The essential premise from what I'm gathering is you solve different cases and get promoted and whatnot until some final case or something perhaps to do with the Black Dahlia case.

It's no Assassin's Creed let's put it that way. I'm actually a little disappointed with the storyline. Where are the references to Chinatown, Big Sleep, all the great film noire pictures. The cop as I said earlier is too much of a straight man. He needed to be more hardboiled. A noire style thing has to have something seedy, an element of danger, risk. A flaw in the character, a femme fatale. Even 'The Black Dahlia' which was a cop drama like this one had that style in it.

Perhaps I'm shooting off too soon because I'm not finished yet, and perhaps I expect too much from video game storylines after the likes of Mafia and Assassin's Creed. However, I would say for a game with no multiplayer, the story isn't that great so it might not be worth it. Try and hire it over a weekend or borrow it from a mate. That said I have sat here playing it for the best part of the last 4 hours so maybe it is good or at least addictive. :P

 
A quick question to the guys who have it, if I didnt really like the GTA games and soon got bored of the repetitive nature of Red Dead, is it still worth getting LA Noire or should I not bother.
It's repetitive, but not really in a "shoot em up" fashion, so if you enjoy trying to figure out the crimes, then it's a fun repetitive. I'm on summer holiday and beat the game yesterday after buying it on Sunday, so I'd recommend trying to rent it, you could probably breeze through it. There's not much in the way of replay value.

I really liked the premise of the game and the storyline improved towards the end in my mind.

 
Going along ok, annoyed that I get stuck sometimes and can't get out of places. That's my only gripe. I also don't like the main guy much, he seems too much of a straight man. I prefer my imaginary cops to be Harry Callahan types. They're more interesting.
Maybe it would have been better if they made the game so that you can make the main guy into whatever you want. You can go through the game bashing peoples heads in to get information, or else you can be all law abiding and kind. And there's pros and cons for both.

Perhaps you could be a bent cop as well.

But I guess they spent most of their budget on making the faces realistic so they didn't have too much to spend on the rest of the game.

If they make "L.A. Noire 2" they should perhaps focus more on the gameplay and have more diversity.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top