Laptop purchasing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly you haven't tried any of their products with the word "Pro" in the title. As a professional video editor, I wouldn't even consider a PC as my computer. I might consider a PC laptop if I'd use it purely for recreational purposes, but if I had to do something serious with it? Just no!
Serious there only in the sense of video editing though... Music and video editing, macs are the top choice for, definitely... but not much more than that.

What grinds my gears about Macs though, is the fact that they're c**ts.... Mac OS/x is a copy of BSD (a completely free, open source operating system, available for download legally and without repercussions) made to look all shiny. c**tish behaviour, they then changed some things under the hood to stop you from being able to use Mac software on BSD (because it's free and that would be bad for business). It really annoys me, and it probably does seem petty to you all, but yeah, grrrrr. :Connie_threaten:

 
Clearly you haven't tried any of their products with the word "Pro" in the title. As a professional video editor, I wouldn't even consider a PC as my computer. I might consider a PC laptop if I'd use it purely for recreational purposes, but if I had to do something serious with it? Just no!
For a professional, I agree their equipment and software is superb. For a home user its ridiculously locked down, massively overpriced and an absolute sh*t to upgrade.

 
Serious there only in the sense of video editing though... Music and video editing, macs are the top choice for, definitely... but not much more than that.

What grinds my gears about Macs though, is the fact that they're c**ts.... Mac OS/x is a copy of BSD (a completely free, open source operating system, available for download legally and without repercussions) made to look all shiny. c**tish behaviour, they then changed some things under the hood to stop you from being able to use Mac software on BSD (because it's free and that would be bad for business). It really annoys me, and it probably does seem petty to you all, but yeah, grrrrr. :Connie_threaten:
I`m with you here brother. The way they take something, make it shiny then claim it to be a "game breaker" bugs me.

 
I`m with you here brother. The way they take something, make it shiny then claim it to be a "game breaker" bugs me.
I don't buy into the "game breaker" marketing, no matter who does it. I think iPad is a vanity product and iPhone is not a proper phone, but I like my Mac Pro. I can tweak it and customize it as I please and it's more stable than any PC I've ever used. And MacBook Pro has worked wonderfully whenever I've used it. I don't have one myself, but I've used them at work.

 
I don't buy into the "game breaker" marketing, no matter who does it. I think iPad is a vanity product and iPhone is not a proper phone, but I like my Mac Pro. I can tweak it and customize it as I please and it's more stable than any PC I've ever used. And MacBook Pro has worked wonderfully whenever I've used it. I don't have one myself, but I've used them at work.
Like I said, for work I can understand someone having one. But I can`t understand why anyone would buy one at home when it has pretty much the exact same internals as a machine much, much cheaper and much more upgradeable.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top