Led Zeppelin have........

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubhappy

First Team Regular
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
0
....Announced a press conference for tomorrow afternoon.

ROCK ON
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif


 
I got my US Tour 1977 led Zep t-shirt on right now. If they tour, I'm going. I went to see the Who at Madison Square Garden, on the tour right after Entwistle died. Opening for them was Robert Plant. It was great to hear, but without Paige up there too, it just wasn't the same!

Scott

 
Isn't it meant to be a one off London show?

How many more dinosours are going to come back when the cash runs out.

 
this won't be a one off gig, they plan to tour the usa too.

who will be drumming?

 
this won't be a one off gig, they plan to tour the usa too.who will be drumming?
Bonzo's boy Jason ?

BTW John Bonham died Sept 24 1980 he was 32.

During the rehearsal, his drinking continued though this was not unusual for Bonham. Around midnight, he passed out on a sofa and was helped to a bedroom by Page's assistant, Rick Hobbs.

Hobbs left Bonham lying on his side, propped up with pillows, and turned out the lights. When Bonzo hadn't appeared by the next afternoon, Robert Plant's assistent, Benji LeFevre, went in to wake him and found him apparently dead. The ambulance was called but John Bonham, aged 32, had died several hours earlier and was far beyond resuscitation.

Weeks later at the coroner's inquest, it emerged that in the 24 hours before he died, John Bonham had drunk forty measures of vodka which resulted in pulmonary edema - waterlogging of the lungs caused by inhalation of vomit. The death was ruled accidental.

 
Jason lives down the road from me, havent seen him in a while, he said a couple of years ago he was trying to get Page and Plant together to re-form but that Page wasnt up for it. I guess a change of heart.

 
Isn't it meant to be a one off London show?How many more dinosours are going to come back when the cash runs out.
Well , i hardly think Zeppelin are short of cash , up to last year they were in the top 3 Biggest selling acts on the planet . They are the kind of band that get a new fan base everyday , jesus my 13 year old has the Imigrant song as his ring tone .
icon_lol.gif


In fact , with the current state of music right now , bring em all back , yes everyone of them , jesus christ , anything to liven up proceedings and get Stadiums rocking again.

 
The word pathetic springs to mind- why can't these bands just let sleeping dogs lie (Coming from a huge Zep fan way back then)

 
Totally agree Tim, they've had their best days, and to see bands like these, The Rolling Stones, etc hobbeling around the stage is just embarressing. While listening to an old album may still sound great, times move on, and these guys just can't compete now.

In fact , with the current state of music right now , bring em all back , yes everyone of them , jesus christ , anything to liven up proceedings and get Stadiums rocking again.
I think we know, that theres many groups now that can play sell out concerts, but agree in the fact alot of music now sucks big ones, but surely there was a fair amount of shat back then too.

 
I believe that bands like the Stones & Zeppelin should stay in retirement. I never got to see either band live, but I wouldn't go to watch them now if I were given a free ticket - they're no longer the bands that I loved and grew up listening to - in fact they're almost a parody of what they once were.

I think we know, that theres many groups now that can play sell out concerts, but agree in the fact alot of music now sucks big ones, but surely there was a fair amount of shat back then too.
Here's a list of rock bands from around the 1970-1971 era - some great, some decent, some crap: -

Great bands (no particular order)

The Faces, Free, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, The Who, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, The Allman Brothers Band, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Janis Joplin, The Doors, Humble Pie, The Groundhogs, Ten Years After, The Rolling Stones, Stray, Family, The Pink Fairies, Grand Funk Railroad, Taste/Rory Gallagher, Cactus, Fleetwood Mac, The Guess Who, The Grateful Dead, Canned Heat, Budgie, Jefferson Airplane, Hawkwind, Thin Lizzy, Santana, Joe Cocker, Mountain, Spirit, Dust, Stone The Crows, Johnny Winter

Decent bands (no particular order)

Blodywn Pig, Curved Air, Atomic Rooster, Babe Ruth, Jethro Tull, Frijid Pink, The James Gang, Camel, Juicy Lucy, The Edgar Broughton Band, King Crimson, Traffic, Emerson Lake & Palmer

Crap bands (no particular order)

Barclay James Harvest, Uriah Heep, Man, Yes

 
The word pathetic springs to mind- why can't these bands just let sleeping dogs lie (Coming from a huge Zep fan way back then)
Exactly Tim. Also a Zeppelin fan here.

That said, can anyone get me a ticket ?
169.gif


 
BB - How the hell could you miss GONG off of your list?

Kev

 
BB - How the hell could you miss GONG off of your list?Kev
icon_lol.gif


There's probably quite a few bands I've inadvertantly missed off my list - Gong being one of them. Magick Brother is a great album!
icon_cool.gif


 
BB - How the hell could you miss GONG off of your list?Kev
icon_lol.gif


There's probably quite a few bands I've inadvertantly missed off my list - Gong being one of them. Magick Brother is a great album!
icon_cool.gif
sh*tE - i missed off the bar steward IRONY thing!

247.gif


kev

 
BB - How the hell could you miss GONG off of your list?Kev
icon_lol.gif


There's probably quite a few bands I've inadvertantly missed off my list - Gong being one of them. Magick Brother is a great album!
icon_cool.gif
sh*t - i missed off the bar steward IRONY thing!

247.gif


kev
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif


I hated Gong in the 70's, but I like the Magick Brother album now - funny how your tastes change over the years. Even more embarrassing is, I liked some of Uriah Heep's stuff back then
icon_eek.gif
Can't listen to them at all now.

Some more bands who were around back in those days: -

Amazing Blondel, Amon D??l, Amon D??l II, Black Widow, Fat Mattress, Captain Beefheart, Caravan, Colosseum, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Quatermass, Quintessence, Soft Machine, Spring, Tangerine Dream, Van Der Graaf Generator, Vanilla Fudge, Wishbone Ash, Frank Zappa

 
BB I think you and I must have been the only two people in the UK in the seventies who rated Grand Funk. Inside looking out got me (all one chord of it and god knows how long)

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top