Levi Stubbs RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

High Street Ken

In the Ressies
Messages
506
Reaction score
0
The legendary lead singer of The Four Tops has passed away, aged 72.

Our loss is heaven's gain.

Thanks for all the memories, Levi, you provided the soundtrack to much of my youth.

RIP

 
Desperately sad news to come home to. Levi Stubbs has one of the very best voices that Motown ever witnessed and he still sounded great just a few years ago.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Desperately sad news to come home to. Levi Stubbs has one of the very best voices that Motown ever witnessed and he still sounded great just a few years ago.
Yes, very sad. Loved his voice and all the Four Tops hits.

 
Desperately sad news to come home to. Levi Stubbs has one of the very best voices that Motown ever witnessed and he still sounded great just a few years ago.
I heard he was pretty ill a few years ago, so this doesn't come as a great shock. He's left a legacy of some truly great vocal performances - Reach Out, Walk Away Renee, Standing In the Shadows of Love, If I Was a Carpenter...Magic. Thank you, Levi (and Holland Dozier Holland).

 
Very sad news. All the legends seem to be gradually disappearing...

I always preferred The Temptations to be honest, but I've just spent a couple of hours playing The Four Tops - every track a classic!

RIP Levi Stubbs - a true legend

 
Great music, great Motown, great loss

RIP

 
Remember a couple of mates went to see the Four Tops in Brighton, must have been around about 71-72. One of the guys was a huge Levi Stubbs fan and managed to get to the front and shake the man's hand; it's rumoured that he never washed again and became left-handed.

 
You rotten git, that had me in tears - so moving!On a lighter note

I bet you say that to all the girls
Thanks for that BB, I realised I was leading with my chin when I wrote it, but could have been worse ie ...all the boys.

Good to see you 'back in full swing' btw

 
Jesus he could still sing better than a lot of the crap that's around today

 
Levi Stubb's Tears was one of the finest songs to come out of the 80s (and also the nearest I ever got to getting Bluebeard to admitting Billy Bragg could maybe produce one half decent song!!)

The second last verse is

One dark night he came home from the sea

And put a hole in her body where no hole should be

It hurt her more to see him walking out the door

And though they stitched her back together they left her heart in pieces on the floor

and for me that is as good as anything you will see written anywhere in any genre.

 
Levi Stubb's Tears was one of the finest songs to come out of the 80s (and also the nearest I ever got to getting Bluebeard to admitting Billy Bragg could maybe produce one half decent song!!)The second last verse is

One dark night he came home from the sea

And put a hole in her body where no hole should be

It hurt her more to see him walking out the door

And though they stitched her back together they left her heart in pieces on the floor

and for me that is as good as anything you will see written anywhere in any genre.
YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!

 
Yes honestly, Bluebeard did nearly like it. Aren't you missing Eastenders?

 
Err - you think I would be at the computer if Stenders were on?

Maybe these lines sound better sung than they do recited aloud. It sounds very McGonagallish to me. And if the girl had had any sense she'd have ripped his head off!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top