Liverpool Fan in peace (this time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sticks and stones and all that.

I have never carried a knife or

1. murdered

2. thieved

3. perjured

4. been a thug

5. or a fascist

6. sliced up parents

etc etc etc. In fact it appears to me it is a few of you who seem to be speaking from experience so my guess is that it is not I who is, or was, the hooligan/thug here but the people throwing the accusations at me.

I had a look around at your posts Jock and see you are also a Rangers fan - haven't they been covering themselves in glory these past few years. I take it I am entitled to treat you s if you were the one of the thugs in Manchester, Romania and.eerrr was it not also a game in Spain?

I remember Lofty behaving this way when I was last here so expected to see him jump in but it appears he now has a little bit of cyber back up.

Anyway I also remember there was a lot of people on here with more interesting things ot talk about than who they think is a prize c&nt so I think I will look around and try and engage with them.

 
Sticks and stones and all that. I have never carried a knife or

1. murdered

2. thieved

3. perjured

4. been a thug

5. or a fascist

6. sliced up parents

etc etc etc. In fact it appears to me it is a few of you who seem to be speaking from experience so my guess is that it is not I who is, or was, the hooligan/thug here but the people throwing the accusations at me.

I had a look around at your posts Jock and see you are also a Rangers fan - haven't they been covering themselves in glory these past few years. I take it I am entitled to treat you s if you were the one of the thugs in Manchester, Romania and.eerrr was it not also a game in Spain?

I remember Lofty behaving this way when I was last here so expected to see him jump in but it appears he now has a little bit of cyber back up.

Anyway I also remember there was a lot of people on here with more interesting things ot talk about than who they think is a prize c&nt so I think I will look around and try and engage with them.
It appears that Lofty is gone but not forgotten (cybernetically speaking.)

You're right. It is perfectly possible to have an interesting dialogue with the opposition. Not all of us were bovver boot boys in the 70s and not all of you find your lunch in other folks' dustbins (I know some people here will view that as heresy) so ignore the insults and post your opinions for the open-minded to read.

 
It appears that Lofty is gone but not forgotten (cybernetically speaking.)You're right. It is perfectly possible to have an interesting dialogue with the opposition. Not all of us were bovver boot boys in the 70s and not all of you find your lunch in other folks' dustbins (I know some people here will view that as heresy) so ignore the insults and post your opinions for the open-minded to read.
be careful Moi, the last time he was on here he acted like a right moron. he started of all nice and genial but once they lost soon changed to the stereotypical scouse prick we all love.

 
be careful Moi, the last time he was on here he acted like a right moron. he started of all nice and genial but once they lost soon changed to the stereotypical scouse prick we all love.
Well when he changes he will feel the full weight of my wrath - tremble in anticipation Elnino! But until then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

 
Alright boys and girls,I thought I would pop by again and wish you luck against the sh*t on Sunday!
No grudges from me...... well not yet anyway!

Serious question - how disappointed are you with your season (Utd game aside)?

Do you reckon Raffa should stay - if not who do you reckon you'll get & or who would be your choice?

Realistically, where do you honestly think you'll finish this season?

 
No grudges from me...... well not yet anyway!Serious question - how disappointed are you with your season (Utd game aside)?

Do you reckon Raffa should stay - if not who do you reckon you'll get & or who would be your choice?

Realistically, where do you honestly think you'll finish this season?
Cheers moi and Nibs,

In answer to your question Nibs I am of course very disappointed.

At the start of this season I thought this was going to be our year... :D (that line was for your entertainment)

I actually didn't expect us to challenge this season but I did expect us to get third ahead of City and Arsenal. We have too many average players who are actually first team players rather than just squad players.

I think we have five players capable of playing in both yours and Utd's first team with those five being Reina, Johnson, Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres (Mascherano replacing Ballack and therefore allowing Essien to play further forward) however you can't surround players like that with the likes of Lucas, Babel, Voronin and Insua and expect to get away with it.

On the Rafa question I think it is time for a change - not because I don't have faith in his tactics but more because I feel things are going stale at the club and we need a change in direction.

My choice would be Mourinho or Hiddink but we may have financial problems with bringing in managers of that profile.

I think we will recover a bit this season and finish fourth.

If you were being honest who of our team do you think would get into a combined Chelsea Liverpool outfit?

 
If you were being honest who of our team do you think would get into a combined Chelsea Liverpool outfit?
Torres is good enough to share the 'second stiker' position with Nico, Kalou and Studge, but he's too injury prone to get a regular berth.

As for the rest of the team, I dont want to seem rude, but you gotta be kidding me ? :D

I think we have five players capable of playing in both yours and Utd's first team with those five being Reina, Johnson
Johnson is our reject, didnt make the cut, he isnt consistantly good enough for any of Europes top clubs.

On the Rafa question I think it is time for a change - not because I don't have faith in his tactics but more because I feel things are going stale at the club and we need a change in direction.My choice would be Mourinho or Hiddink but we may have financial problems with bringing in managers of that profile.
Good choices, but with the £20m compensation you would have to pay fatboy rafa to leave, plus the massive multi million £ contract to grab either Jose or Guus, also they will need bankrolling to buy new players, probably £60m at least (4x players @ £15m each, or 3x @ £20m)

Your talking £100m to get rid of fatboy rafa and get a new manager as good as Jose or Guus, and enough money for the new manager to buy a few quality players.

£100 mill and you still have no gaurantees that you'll win the premiership.

Stick with Rafa :169:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think if we igore injury issues then Torres alongside Drogba would be a pretty frightening prospect for defenders.

I can see where Nino is coming from with the Mascherano thing. He is entirely a holding midfielder in the way Makalele was and given Ballack's age he would an obvious candidate to make way plus I also think Essien is better on the right hand side of a diamond than he is in the holding role.

Johnson forget it - we have at least two players who are better right backs than him.

Once Mascherano is accommodated and Essien moved forward there is no space left for Gerrard as I wouldn't be dropping Lampard and both Joe and Deco are better suited to playing at the tip. Gerrard would be on the bench.

Reina would give Cech the competition he doesn't have now but he wouldn't replace him.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
My choice would be Mourinho or Hiddink but we may have financial problems with bringing in managers of that profile.If you were being honest who of our team do you think would get into a combined Chelsea Liverpool outfit?
I guess there's something we have in common. What legends those two men are.

I think Cech is better than Reina, however Reina would provide more than capable competition for him to keep him on his toes. Sadly Hilario would be relegated to third choice.

Glen Johnson already had his chance at Chelsea. I'd rather see Bosingwa or even Belletti playing there ahead of him. Agger might make the bench, and Insua would make a handy addition to the reserves, with a view to moving towards first team football as he reaches the peak of his career.

Mascherano might make a good pure defensive mid, but the man is an utter c**t, and he's been completely off his game this season, so I'll have to say no to him. I guess that makes a midfield of Ballack - Essien - Lampard, and I agree with loz in that Joey Cole and Deco are more suited to the tip of the diamond than Gerrard.

Torres and Drogba would be a terrifying partnership, and might even complement each other. Didier would be the star, of course...

Kuyt could make the bench as well if we need some legs to sub on towards the end.

 
I guess there's something we have in common. What legends those two men are.I think Cech is better than Reina, however Reina would provide more than capable competition for him to keep him on his toes. Sadly Hilario would be relegated to third choice.

Glen Johnson already had his chance at Chelsea. I'd rather see Bosingwa or even Belletti playing there ahead of him. Agger might make the bench, and Insua would make a handy addition to the reserves, with a view to moving towards first team football as he reaches the peak of his career.

Mascherano might make a good pure defensive mid, but the man is an utter c**t, and he's been completely off his game this season, so I'll have to say no to him. I guess that makes a midfield of Ballack - Essien - Lampard, and I agree with loz in that Joey Cole and Deco are more suited to the tip of the diamond than Gerrard.

Torres and Drogba would be a terrifying partnership, and might even complement each other. Didier would be the star, of course...

Kuyt could make the bench as well if we need some legs to sub on towards the end.
So just Torres then? :lol:

 
Insua would make a handy addition to the reserves, with a view to moving towards first team football as he reaches the peak of his career..
I can't let that pass!! Insua is a horrific full back - for him to develop enough to ever be good enough for our first team he would need to go through some sort of freak biological experiment involving cell fusion and Paolo Maldini.

 
I can't let that pass!! Insua is a horrific full back - for him to develop enough to ever be good enough for our first team he would need to go through some sort of freak biological experiment involving cell fusion and Paolo Maldini.
I've only ever seen Insua be solid, if unspectacular. That said, given the circumstances, I've hardly been tracking Liverpool closely this season.

 
Agger might make the bench,
Given that we have 4 centre backs all much better than Agger, two would have to be injured for that to happen.

Or are we picking a 'Liverpool players who would get into our match day squad if half our squad were injured' line-up?

 
My choice would be Mourinho or Hiddink
If that happens I think I would cry. I'm not even sure if im joking.

Have to congratulate you on your thick skin though.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
haha have enjoyed a lot of comments on this thread. If i were to make a combined team it would go something like this

-----Cech

--bos--JT--Alex--Cole

----Mascherano

----Essien--Lamps

-------Gerrard

----torres---Drogba

I disagree when people say that Gerrard wouldnt be able to play at the tip of the diamond, i think given his specific style of play he could actually thrive in that kind of role. He had arguably his best season last year playing just behind Torres and i think he could adapt to that role well.

Cech definitely over Reina, Reina is a shot stopper an not much more, very good reflex saver but so is petr and petr is one of, if not the best keeper in the world at collecting crosses and defusing situations.

Johnson has improved going forward since his days in a blue shirt but i like defenders who can defend as well and in bossy we have a fullback that contained lionel messi for 90minutes. Not many harder challenges in world football especially when you are playing on the opposite flank than normal.

I stuck Mascherano in as there is no doubt defensively he is very talented and that would allow lamps and essien to push forward harder. Those are the only 3 players that could improve our first team though.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning Blues friends (deep in your heart you know you like me)

Just logging in briefly before I leave for work (I will set them up, you knock them down)

Your combined teams are obviously created with blue tinted specs on just as I have my red ones one and that is inevitable because of the bias and also because you see your players play more than you do ours and vice versa.

On the Cech vs Reina argument I would never have put Reina ahead of Cech in the Mourinho seasons and right up to the game where he fractured his skull. However since then I would have Cech as understudy as I think Reina has been more consistent and Cech has definitely lost a bit of his confidence (understandably) with dealing with crosses into a congested penalty box. That isn't to say I think he is now rubbish at them, just that his ability to deal with them has maybe dropped by 10% or so and that is enough to put Reina ahead of him.

The rest of your argument for or against players are expected and fair enough I guess. That is apart from any idea that Gerrard wouldn't get in a combined team. That is frankly absurd - he can play anywhere in a midfield four should it be required. I am not going to get into the Lampard vs Gerrard debate as that is pointless because we will always see it one way and you will see it the other. My view is they could easily play together as Capello is proving and as Mourinho would ave proved if you had managed to offer him even more money than you did to leave us.

Anyway better run - I have some stolen cars to cut and shut - enjoy your jellied eels.

 
That is frankly absurd - he can play anywhere in a midfield four should it be required.
now i know talking down gerrard is frowned upon up there, but this statement simply isnt true. he hasnt the tactical intelligence or discipline to play in the middle of a midfield 4, as shown by the way his own manager and his international manager wont play him there, no matter what. he`s best playing behind a striker, mainly because he can cause no problems to his midfielders if hes caught out of position, which he is a hell of a lot of the time.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top