Long time lurker

I liken crisps to TV. Was so much better when there was less choice. Everything has got far too complicated and the market is saturated. Just as it was better when there were 3 or 4 channels, we should still all be eating ready salted, salt & vinegar, cheese & onion and if we're feeling a bit adventurous Bovril flavour!

Think I missed out on Royalties too. When I was a kid, me and a mate were obsessed with Lea & Perrins Worcester Sauce. So we started dipping our plain crisps into a bowl of Worcester sauce (Golden Wonder of course - no Walkers back then). Then low & behold, Worcester Sauce crisps hit the shelves.........................

 
  • Like
Reactions: OTL
And talking of Golden Wonder - anyone remember these bad boys?

Mid '70's and the advert left such a lasting impression on me that I still find myself singing it today. The product no so much!

"Salt & Vinegar Flavour............................New from Golden Wonder they're called Rock N Rollers...................................!


 
I liken crisps to TV. Was so much better when there was less choice. Everything has got far too complicated and the market is saturated. Just as it was better when there were 3 or 4 channels, we should still all be eating ready salted, salt & vinegar, cheese & onion and if we're feeling a bit adventurous Bovril flavour!

Think I missed out on Royalties too. When I was a kid, me and a mate were obsessed with Lea & Perrins Worcester Sauce. So we started dipping our plain crisps into a bowl of Worcester sauce (Golden Wonder of course - no Walkers back then). Then low & behold, Worcester Sauce crisps hit the shelves.........................
My current go to crisps are cheese and onion & ready salted, occasionally i behave somewhat flamboyantly and choose prawn cocktail. I buy sainsburys or waitrose own label brand in multipacks 6/12's. Prices are soooo cheap i can indulge myself with more than one packet per session.

Im living the dream.😎

 
Stopped in at Sainsbury’s before my short 3 hour commute yesterday and got a pack of ‘Cheez-It’ would like to pass on they’re essentially BTec Mini Cheddars which in themselves aren’t really crisps.

Reverts back to the original and correct assumption that anything other than McCoys Flame Grilled Steak eaten by a grown man in public is unacceptable.

 
  • Nice One
Reactions: OTL
Back
Top