man forced to watch concert through his own eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

trigger

Youth Team
Messages
224
Reaction score
13
hilarious..

http://theshovel.com.au/2013/12/09/man-forced-to-watch-concert-through-his-own-eyes/

Man Forced To Watch Concert With His Own EyesA thirty-eight year old man from Brisbane was left with no alternative but to watch an entire concert with his eyes, after he mistakenly left his phone at home.

“I was pretty gutted when I realised what I’d done. It’s not every day that you get to look at a video on your phone,†Christian Howard, of Holland Park said. Despite being phoneless, Mr Howard decided to stay on at the concert anyway.

“My mates thought I was crazy. It was pretty weird, I must admit. I had no idea what to do with my hands. And everything seemed really large and vivid. It was almost as if I was actually thereâ€.

Mr Howard said he rushed home after the concert to watch a low-grade recording of the concert on YouTube. “At least I feel like I’ve got my money’s worth now,†he said.

The Shovel is Australia’s satire website. For more, follow The Shovel on Facebook and Twitter.

 
I love these guys. They expect not to be pushed around at a heavy metal concert :laugh2:

 
As a former live guitarist for a metal band, I HATE people that do this at concerts. They're as bad as the dudes who stand at the back arms folded trying to look hard. People should forget about taking crappy footage with their mobile phones (which sounds like arse), come forward and enjoy the show being put on for them. With the number of man hours that goes into writing and rehearsing songs to a standard where they may be performed live, its not much to ask.

 
Try being in a country where the next time you see them live could be in 20 years. Sorry for keeping a memory of a song or two :Laie_39:  .

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind a snippet or quick snap as a memento but some people try to record whole songs or more!  Just enjoy being there!

 
Yep. That's the biggest annoyance. People are more interested in social media use than actually experiencing the moment and enjoying it as it is intended. There are professional camera men and women who make good videos of live shows if they want to relive those live vibes. Better than your camera phone footage that sounds like somebody sat on the receiver farting.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
And then you get the people who wait until the concert to push past to go and get a drink!  FFS!  Sort it out beforehand!

 
I went to the Federer-Murray match at the O2 a couple of years back and the bloke in front of me watched the entire game through his camera. Honestly, he could have watched it on TV at home and had exactly the same view!

 
IMG_1171_zpscea43f82.jpg


Here's a photo I took at a Muse gig last year. I think it's a case of welcome to the 21st Century.

Also, I'm aware of my own irony here. I took out my camera phone to take a photo of people taking photos with their camera phones. It doesn't happen often.

 
That's mental. Look how many there are. Used to be lighters, now its phone screens illuminating the crowd.

I must be part of a dying breed here, but whenever I go to live events, its to take in the atmosphere and enjoy the moment. But there ya go, sign of the times.

 
I don't even take photos (though I don't have a family, suspect it will change then). But I've been to some pretty cool places and done some cool things. I just like to have the memories in my head

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top