Mason Mount

I will hype him until the end of time. Barkley has started well but he has been exactly the same for the last 5 years. Good in patches then average for the next 10 games. I think Mount will grow and grow. 

 
Frank might have a problem on his hands and it will be a good test of his management this year how he manages our midfielders. 

Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho, Mount, Barkley, RLC. 6 players who have the potential to be first teamers for only 3 positions. 

 
Frank might have a problem on his hands and it will be a good test of his management this year how he manages our midfielders. 

Kante, Kovacic, Jorginho, Mount, Barkley, RLC. 6 players who have the potential to be first teamers for only 3 positions. 
Want to be like city ? got to think like city, no such thing as a first eleven at the top level anymore, the first team should be 18 players that rotate depending on many variables, like...form, fitness, opposition on the day.. etc...

 
I will hype him until the end of time. Barkley has started well but he has been exactly the same for the last 5 years. Good in patches then average for the next 10 games. I think Mount will grow and grow. 
Exactly, we've seen this movie before, who doesn't remember last season's "complete" midfielder Ross Barkley during pre-season, only for him to stink up the place for the rest of the season, the people hyping Barkley up are mad.

Thankfully Frank sees Mount as a starter, at least so far

 
Exactly, we've seen this movie before, who doesn't remember last season's "complete" midfielder Ross Barkley during pre-season, only for him to stink up the place for the rest of the season, the people hyping Barkley up are mad.

Thankfully Frank sees Mount as a starter, at least so far
Who`s hyping him up? All I see are people being optimistic due to a good pre season.

 
Exactly, we've seen this movie before, who doesn't remember last season's "complete" midfielder Ross Barkley during pre-season, only for him to stink up the place for the rest of the season, the people hyping Barkley up are mad.

Thankfully Frank sees Mount as a starter, at least so far
I think he may be onto something with Mason starting then a fresh Ross coming on around an hour as what happened vs Barcelona and Fontale (well a bit earlier against them but still).

What will be interesting is when RLC comes back to full fitness what happens with him, i feel he may be moved to CM.

 
I think that's a good thing. It doesn't do these young players any good at all being lauded as the 'next big thing!' and having both tons of pressure put on them, and their egos stroked too early. Let's keep the hype down, and leave them wanting to work hard to prove a point.
But he’s definitely the next Frank Lampard isn’t he. Will break all Franks records you’ll see  :Troll_Face:  

 
Very excited to see how he goes, given how comfortable RLC and CHO have looked (thankfully Mason doesn't need an acronym) it's not outrageous to think he could pick up some meaningful minutes in the league this year.

Other than Barkley i'm not sure what other player naturally fits into the middle of the three behind the striker, so could be in for a decent role.

 
Very excited to see how he goes, given how comfortable RLC and CHO have looked (thankfully Mason doesn't need an acronym) it's not outrageous to think he could pick up some meaningful minutes in the league this year.

Other than Barkley i'm not sure what other player naturally fits into the middle of the three behind the striker, so could be in for a decent role.
I'll be referring to him as MM from now on just to piss you off. 

I think RLC is going to play in that role behind the strikers rather than the double pivot personally, assuming Frank uses 4-2-3-1 this season. 

I think there could be occasions where we see a midfield diamond too so Mount could play in one of the wider positions in that midfield too. 

If Frank didn't intend to give MM a decent amount of minutes I don't think he'd have kept him around this season as we've got plenty of midfield options to choose from... That he's ahead of more experienced players like Drinkwater and Bakayoko (regardless of their on field ability) I think speaks volumes for how much Frank rates him. 

 
In all honesty, I never expected him to just come straight into the team and look so comfortable. I knew he was a decent talent, but he didn't look out of place at all today. He already looks ready to play more than the odd game here and there.

 
In all honesty, I never expected him to just come straight into the team and look so comfortable. I knew he was a decent talent, but he didn't look out of place at all today. He already looks ready to play more than the odd game here and there.
I felt like he disappeared for 10 minutes after the first goal but he had a good game overall. Could of had a goal or two if he’d just had a shot. 

 
I don't think he has a killer shot at this level, Frank did yet think Mason will struggle though at least he hits the target.

 
I don't think Mason Mount has the ruthless finishing needed. Frank did. I think Mount will struggle but at least he hits the target. 

(Lucky for you my strawberry syrup powered brain is functioning at optimum level.)

 
Thought he was really, really good today. By leeps and bounds our best midfielder on the day. Bold choice to pick him, unlucky it was not better rewarded.

 
Been surprised of what I've seen of him so far, doesn't look out of place in the team. 

I wasn't expecting him to get too many minutes this year but I think he's going to play more games than not, even if it's just coming off of the bench. 

 
I was very impressed with him in pre-season and was impressed with him again yesterday. I think he has real talent and will become an important member of the squad.

 
Imo, Mason did very well yesterday. I was suprised with his stamina. He did few clever runs, he has quick mind and decision making, not affraid to shot.  In some situations, he was too unselfish and did pass instead of shot. Definitely deserves more chances in starting eleven imo. 

 
Back
Top