Metal

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian M
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might not be a big fan of Iron Maiden (prefer Metallica or Pantera even) but Run To The Hills is a great song. I just love to play it on bass or drums though I hardly have enough energy to play it on drums
icon_redface.gif


 
I like that song. Audioslave are pretty damn good but I was disappointed when I watched a DVD with one of their concerts. The vocals were crap.
icon_sad.gif


 
I like that song. Audioslave are pretty damn good but I was disappointed when I watched a DVD with one of their concerts. The vocals were crap.
icon_sad.gif
It's a classic, I'm going to see Chris Cornell on the 5th September @ Rock City, Nottingham the vocals better be spot on then or I'll be proper pissed off.

 
I like that song. Audioslave are pretty damn good but I was disappointed when I watched a DVD with one of their concerts. The vocals were crap.
icon_sad.gif
It's a classic, I'm going to see Chris Cornell on the 5th September @ Rock City, Nottingham the vocals better be spot on then or I'll be proper pissed off.
I hope they'll be spot on because I've always thought that Cornell has a great voice so I hope he's superb live. Have fun on 5th september
happy0034.gif


 
I like that song. Audioslave are pretty damn good but I was disappointed when I watched a DVD with one of their concerts. The vocals were crap.
icon_sad.gif
It's a classic, I'm going to see Chris Cornell on the 5th September @ Rock City, Nottingham the vocals better be spot on then or I'll be proper pissed off.
I hope they'll be spot on because I've always thought that Cornell has a great voice so I hope he's superb live. Have fun on 5th september
happy0034.gif
Cheers mate.

 
Not really a big fan of Metal and therefore the ones I do like tend to be fairly mainstream and obvious ones. SO without further ado I would say the ones I do like are (also I am not including stuff like Zeppelin as Metal as I consider that to be a) Rock and :ballack: a class above Metal

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Iron Maiden - Rime of the Ancient Mariner

AC/DC - let There be Rock

Motorhead - Ace of Spades (an appearance on The Young Ones is worth 1,000,000 album sales and three world tours!)

 
Iron Maiden- Fear of the Dark, Run to the Hills

Metallica - One, Seek and Destroy

Pantera - Suicide Note

Deep Purple - Speed King, HIghway Starr

 
More ponce rock, not metal but it certainly was a great few years of my early teens listening to this stuff/crap. its a right of passage for any teenage boy to like rock at some stage!!!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DVTktiEVboU

for those that havent read 'The Dirt' - read it. Now!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pieI3ctfMfM

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ITwtMEc_FwI

to be fair some of this stuff led me onto Janes Addiction, Faith No More etc which in turn led me to The Pixies and Husker Du so it all worked out for the best!

 
Does Guns n Roses count as Metal?
300.gif
If so they surly have to go down as one of the best.

 
audioslave is rubbish, cannot believe that 3/4 of a great band would go on to do audioslave

 
Love "Wherever I May Roam" too. Great song and it's really nice to play on drums or guitar (though I haven't learnt the entire song yet
icon_confused.gif
).

 
Manowar - Hail and Kill, Power of my Sword, Today is a Good Day to Die

Helloween - Future World, Revolution Now

Judas Priest - Painkiller, Night Crawler, Touch of Evil

Also some others that don't immediately come to mind...

Is Deep Purple really metal? I suppose Highway Star is messy enough.
icon_lol.gif


 
Anything by AC/DC or GNR for me, although some of my favourite GNR songs wouldn't be classed as metal.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top