Movies and all it includes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moos

An Untouchable
Messages
9,670
Reaction score
66
Let's discuss movies (and actors and such too) on this great forum. There's a lot of different movies out there and I'm sure we all have different oppinions on them all.

To start things of I have to ask who you think will win Golden Globes this year?

 
The Golden Globes are a joke this year as Children of Men hasn't been nominated!! Huff.

 
The Golden Globes are a joke this year as Children of Men hasn't been nominated!! Huff.
I haven't seen that movie but I've heard that it's really good. Strange that it wasn't nominated for a Golden Globe at all.

Perhaps it came after the "deadline"? :?

Anyway. I'm gonna see it and I hope it's great.

Speaking of movies that wasn't nominated there are a few that was overlooked. Blood Diamond is one of them.

One movie that I really think is going to win Best Foreign Language Film is El Laberinto del Fauno (Pan's Labyrinth). In my oppinion one of the best movies this year. Simply amazing
biggrin.gif


 
still haven't seen that one but have heard it is a stunner...

looking forward to seeing blood diamond and babel (career bests from di caprio, pitt and blanchett apparently)...

saw stranger than fiction today. I thought it was interesting, worth a view maybe and certainly better than typical romcom crap, but also critically overrated.

 
still haven't seen that one but have heard it is a stunner....
Just started to download it - will let you know if it is a decent copy and send you the torrent if it is

 
still haven't seen that one but have heard it is a stunner....
Just started to download it - will let you know if it is a decent copy and send you the torrent if it is
If you're talking about "Pan's Labyrinth" then I had a great copy with english subtitles not long ago. Too bad I still don't have it. :(

 
I meant Children of Men - I have a very good copy of Pans Labyrinth but haven't found the time to watch it yet. I know I should because from the moment I read about it I knew it was a film I wanted to watch.

 
I meant Children of Men - I have a very good copy of Pans Labyrinth but haven't found the time to watch it yet. I know I should because from the moment I read about it I knew it was a film I wanted to watch.
Okay. Then watch it as soon as you can. "Pan's Labyrinth" is just wonderful.

I just watched "Children Of Men" today and I've got to say that it was really good. Even though it takes place in the future it still felt strangely present.

I wouldn't say that it's the best movie this year but it's certainly a top-10 anyway
biggrin.gif


I saw another movie yesterday called "The Illusionist" starring Edward Norton, Paul Giamatti and Jessica Biel. It was really good and really beautiful. Norton was yet again great and he really should get an award soon :?

 
I know I am way way off here but I just saw Clockwork Orange yesterday and I have to say one of the most thought provoking and weirdly brilliant movies I have ever seen. Kubrick was a genius that all I can say.

 
I know I am way way off here but I just saw Clockwork Orange yesterday and I have to say one of the most thought provoking and weirdly brilliant movies I have ever seen. Kubrick was a genius that all I can say.
Yeah it's kinda great. Weird but great
icon_wink.gif


 
Kinda great? Clockwork Orange is an all time classic - generally speaking if Kubrick makes a film you can guarantee it is worth watching time and time again!

 
Kinda great? Clockwork Orange is an all time classic - generally speaking if Kubrick makes a film you can guarantee it is worth watching time and time again!
I only said "kinda" because it's not really my kind of movie.

It is an all time classic but not my all time classic
icon_wink.gif


 
Kinda great? Clockwork Orange is an all time classic - generally speaking if Kubrick makes a film you can guarantee it is worth watching time and time again!
I only said "kinda" because it's not really my kind of movie.

It is an all time classic but not my all time classic
icon_wink.gif
Fair enough. I too at first thought some of the scenes in the movie were too graphic or bizzare but on second viewing, eveyrthing was just part of what was so good about the movie.

 
A few of my past favourites in no paticular order.

Schindlers List

Pulp Fiction

The Shawshank Redemption

Monty Python The Life Of Brian

Trainspotting

The Deer Hunter

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Gladiator

The Silence of the Lambs

The Sixth Sense

 
A few of my past favourites in no paticular order.Schindlers List

Pulp Fiction

The Shawshank Redemption

Monty Python The Life Of Brian

Trainspotting

The Deer Hunter

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Gladiator

The Silence of the Lambs

The Sixth Sense
Good list. Havnet seen Trainspotting and Deer Hunter outta that lot.

 
Put that right mate - of that list (and I am a huge 'Life of Brian' fan) Deer Hunter is right at the top. It is a film that every man, woman, beast and scouser should watch before they die.

 
Put that right mate - of that list (and I am a huge 'Life of Brian' fan) Deer Hunter is right at the top. It is a film that every man, woman, beast and scouser should watch before they die.
Right now I am downloading Cidade de Deus, I'll take your suggestion and put Deer Hunter next on the list.

 
It is a long one (and far from light hearted!) and worth watching on a proper sized TV rather than a monitor

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top