Music question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apache was the song
icon_wink.gif


*EDIT*

forgot their name.......the shadows?

 
Wasn't Dexy's with Geno was it?

 
Oh bugger , heres the answer.

Another one bites the dust..........Queen .

 
One of those ones that seems obvious when you know the answer. Any more?

 
Ok, get your head around this one .

Which artist appeared on Top of the pops , 3 times in the one night ?

It was the 80's and nothing to do with Band Aid.

 
Pans People - Miaow!!!
Wouldn't be that easy Loz but it's possible . Do you remember the dance group who replaced them ? Oh , and no cheating
icon_lol.gif


 
Is it Paul Mccartney? (the artist, not the dance group, McCartney in spandex I don't want to see)

 
Legs and Co.
Sorry to be a nerd but the first troupe to replace Pan's People were in fact called Ruby Slipper. They didn't last long and Legs and Co came in shortly after....

 
My stab at the artist who appeared 3 times in one TOTP would be.....

Gary Tibbs!

Who? I hear you cry....

Well Gary Tibbs was a bass player who was in both Roxy Music and Adam and the Ants at the same time in the early 80's. He also played bass with Hazel O'Connor and featured in the film Breaking Glass.

So I reckon it is conceivable that on one TOTP, in 1981, he could have played on:

Hazel O'Connor - Eighth Day

Adam and the Ants - Stand and Deliver

Roxy Music - Oh Yeah

Now, even though I suspect this is probably wrong, I would like some major nerdy respect for knowing this sort of crap!

Alternatively, we could be talking about a Xmas TOTP in which George Michael could have featured solo, in Wham and in Band Aid???

 
Mikey Mikey Mikey,

I think you may be mistaken but in being mistaken I think you have just helped me work it out (i.e. it has to be a session singer surely) - I think it was Tony Burrows but I am sure he was way earlier than the 80s. He sung on Edison Lighthouse's 'Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes' and also with Brotherhood of Man a few times I think. Can't think what the 3rd group may have been but I think he is a good guess at the answer.

 
Marco , Merrick , Terry Lee , Gary Tibbs and your's truely . What an awful song .

Gary Tibbs is a decent guess but incorrect .

Clue.... it was a female .

 
Was it maybe one of the Banarama girls with one of the appearances being with Fun Boy Three?

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top