Music question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie

Only one 23
Messages
35,250
Reaction score
22,175
Does anyone know which group covered "Tonight" from West Side Story? I think it must have been a British punk or new wave band, about 20-25 years ago, but I can't find the answer anywhere on the web.

Anyone?

 
Any chance of playing the original one so we know what it at least sounds like?

 
Not this one:

41RTBR3SKTL._AA240_.jpg


http://www.amazon.com/Punk-Side-Story-Orig...k/dp/B000003GV4

 
Oh god, that's awful Lofty
icon_twisted.gif
No, that's not the one, thank goodness.

 
Oh god, that's awful Lofty
icon_twisted.gif
No, that's not the one, thank goodness.
Awful though that version was, I thought it was a significant improvement on the original (I had the misfortune to hear the original while trying to find the copy you were after, Valerie)
omg.gif


I've never watched West Side Story, and never will - the few clips I've seen over the years have convinced me that I could never sit through it for longer than about 30 seconds. Again, while I was trying to find the copy you're after, I found the lyrics to 'Tonight' - it was a close call whether I fell off my chair laughing or whether I'd throw up. Luckily I managed to navigate away before it was too late
icon_lol.gif


 
The Three Tenors did a fantastic version of it as part of the finale of their concert at the Baths at Caracella just before the world cup final at Italia '90.

Sorry, I know that's no help
317.gif


 
Oh god, that's awful Lofty
icon_twisted.gif
No, that's not the one, thank goodness.
Awful though that version was, I thought it was a significant improvement on the original (I had the misfortune to hear the original while trying to find the copy you were after, Valerie)
omg.gif


I've never watched West Side Story, and never will - the few clips I've seen over the years have convinced me that I could never sit through it for longer than about 30 seconds. Again, while I was trying to find the copy you're after, I found the lyrics to 'Tonight' - it was a close call whether I fell off my chair laughing or whether I'd throw up. Luckily I managed to navigate away before it was too late
icon_lol.gif
Bluebeard, I'm shocked. Corny as the musical may be, it is still Shakespeare you know
247.gif
It's an ever so slightly adapted version of Romeo and Juliet. But I promise you will appreciate the rendition of the song I'm after, forget about the lyrics
icon_lol.gif


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top