The Moos
An Untouchable
- Messages
- 9,670
- Reaction score
- 66
I know this is a forum for "internet, computing and gaming", but I'll post here anyway.
I'm gonna buy a new digital camera since my old one - a casio EX-Z120 - is driving me insane (say the battery is low even if it's new). It's been a good one, but now I just wanna throw it away.
The problem is that there's so many cameras out there with so many different functions and specifications that I know nothing about. I'm getting a headache just by thinking about it.
I have however narrowed my selection down a bit.
Panasonic DMC-FZ38
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX3
Nikon CoolPix P6000
I'm not sure about that last one (P6000). The one that has really stuck with me is the FZ38. It has better zoom than LX3 and an optical viewfinder, which is useful sometimes.
But apparently LX3 has a better image quality, which is also very important. On the other hand I'm not an expert on cameras and wont be using it for some high quality stuff. I'm just a simple man who want to take pictures of flowers and stuff like that.
One thing I really want my camera to be able to do is taking pictures at night and taking good pictures of fire or candles. Once every year at my summerplace we celebrate something that is called "Evening of light" (rough translation there) when we light fires and things. It looks something like this:
/monthly_10_2009/post-287-1255023027_thumb.jpg
It's really beautiful and I've always wanted to take pictures of it, but my old camera didn't manage to take any good photos of it. In fact the result was usually quite bad.
I really want my new one to be able to take good pictures of fire and candles at evening when it's a bit dark.
Maybe you know of any better cameras that cost about as much (or even less) that I should have a look at?
I was going to buy a camera today or tomorrow since I'm going away on a little boat trip this weekend, but if I can't decide I might as well buy it next week. It's a lot of money so might as well not rush things (though I have been looking at cameras for 2-3 weeks now).
I'm gonna buy a new digital camera since my old one - a casio EX-Z120 - is driving me insane (say the battery is low even if it's new). It's been a good one, but now I just wanna throw it away.
The problem is that there's so many cameras out there with so many different functions and specifications that I know nothing about. I'm getting a headache just by thinking about it.
I have however narrowed my selection down a bit.
Panasonic DMC-FZ38
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX3
Nikon CoolPix P6000
I'm not sure about that last one (P6000). The one that has really stuck with me is the FZ38. It has better zoom than LX3 and an optical viewfinder, which is useful sometimes.
But apparently LX3 has a better image quality, which is also very important. On the other hand I'm not an expert on cameras and wont be using it for some high quality stuff. I'm just a simple man who want to take pictures of flowers and stuff like that.
One thing I really want my camera to be able to do is taking pictures at night and taking good pictures of fire or candles. Once every year at my summerplace we celebrate something that is called "Evening of light" (rough translation there) when we light fires and things. It looks something like this:
/monthly_10_2009/post-287-1255023027_thumb.jpg
It's really beautiful and I've always wanted to take pictures of it, but my old camera didn't manage to take any good photos of it. In fact the result was usually quite bad.
I really want my new one to be able to take good pictures of fire and candles at evening when it's a bit dark.
Maybe you know of any better cameras that cost about as much (or even less) that I should have a look at?
I was going to buy a camera today or tomorrow since I'm going away on a little boat trip this weekend, but if I can't decide I might as well buy it next week. It's a lot of money so might as well not rush things (though I have been looking at cameras for 2-3 weeks now).