Next England manager?

Next England gaffer

  • Roberto Mancini

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ralf Rangnick

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steve Bruce

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glenn Hoddle

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alan Pardew

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Laurent Blanc

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luis Felipe Scolari

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harry Redknapp

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alan Curbishley

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    11

PloKoon13

I don't like that kind of talk
Messages
26,071
Reaction score
13,726
Interested to hear points of view on this. Hopefully we won't limit ourselves to the hilariously limited pool of English options when this man is currently without a job:

Marcelo-Bielsa.jpg


Poll is based on bookies' predictions. There are actually a few decent options on there but quite a lot of them already have frankly better jobs.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd give it to Southgate.

He's worked within the England set up for a few years now so you'd assume he's clued up on the vision and ideals for national team.

Give him a chance to translate the work he's done with the under 21s to the senior squad.

That said, international football doesn't interest me so they can give the job to the Chuckle Brothers for all I care... apparently they're really into tikka takka... "to you, to me, to you, to me". 

 
Bielsa would actually make following England interesting. He wouldn't take any of the FA's sh*t (admittedly that would likely lead to a pretty short tenure, but that's fine). We would probably play the best football in the history of the national team, and he would beat our players' natural English dumpkiss instincts out of them and actually teach the nation how football works. The English public would learn more about football from one marathon Bielsa press conference than they ever could in watching five years of a Gareth Southgate side.

The only [possibly] better option on there is Wenger, and he already manages a better team over which he has far more control than he ever would with the England setup.

I have no idea how such a genius is still unemployed while the England job is still vacant.

 
I thought for sure it would be Bruce, but he's going to Aston Villa. Surely this means they're going foreign. 

 
I think the FA can get Bilic to jump ship from West Ham if he wants to go back into international management. Did a good job with Croatia.

 
The fact that Bielsa has less than 100% of the vote is testament to the fact that all English football fans are charlatans.

 
Does Louis van Gaal still need a job

 
Wenger for me.... always thought he would make a good international manager. Just an opinion. 

I think also he will have the respect of the players being a senior figure in the game.

Sad we dont have a stand out English manager but if I was to choose on would be Southgate. but a bit of a last resort ! 

 
I'd give it to Southgate.

He's worked within the England set up for a few years now so you'd assume he's clued up on the vision and ideals for national team.

Give him a chance to translate the work he's done with the under 21s to the senior squad.

That said, international football doesn't interest me so they can give the job to the Chuckle Brothers for all I care... apparently they're really into tikka takka... "to you, to me, to you, to me". 
I thought Southgate was offered the position in the summer and didn't want it? 

 
I thought Southgate was offered the position in the summer and didn't want it? 
Not sure, I don't follow England that closely. 

I thought he was offered it on an interim basis but didn't want it and then the FA appointed Big Sam anyway? 

Regardless, that's what I think should happen, promote internally and try to have some consistency and uniformity to the set up. 

 
Southgate ruled himself out last time. Doesn't mean he will this time.

 
Think Klinsmann would do a good job experienced international manager rebuilt Germany into what they are today under Low and is doing pretty well with the US.

 
Wenger for me.... always thought he would make a good international manager. Just an opinion. 

I think also he will have the respect of the players being a senior figure in the game.

Sad we dont have a stand out English manager but if I was to choose on would be Southgate. but a bit of a last resort ! 
Wenger would be a disaster, England needs a tactical adept manager, something Wenger is not.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wenger would be a disaster, England needs a tactical adept manager, something Wenger is not.
Wenger given carte blanche to revamp the entire England setup on a long-term basis is pretty much the best appointment we could possibly make.

If you want somebody tactically adept though...

Marcelo-Bielsa-2012_2729954.jpg


 
England's next manager will "not just be a mercenary for short term gain", says Football Association chief executive Martin Glenn.

In the last 20 years, only Roy Hodgson and Sven-Goran Eriksson have managed England through three tournaments.

Gareth Southgate has been in temporary charge since Sam Allardyce left his post after a newspaper investigation.


 


Glenn said previous foreign managers "haven't maybe left the international set up in a better place."

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 live, he added: "In the past we've gone for foreign managers who'd be attracted as they might help us win a tournament."

Glenn said the FA now wants "somebody there for the long term" and that the next manager would have to address the "fear factor" of playing for England

Well that's encouraging and not at all a nod towards xenophobic mediocrity...
 
China signs Marcello Lippi as national coach. World Cup winner, successful club coach and a fine playing career – probably never in the FA runners+riders due to lighting up "oily rags" in the technical area.

As a player, women would send letters urging him not to risk his good looks by heading the ball, honest !!!

 
Cappello as a manager was just as successful as Lippi but is considered a failuire for England 

 
Back
Top