Old Football Games.

bluehaze

Banned
Messages
3,826
Reaction score
6,922
Here are the ones I remember we had as kids as I said in the vintage section we didn't have Subbuteo anyone got others they remember?. The table soccer the first one came out in the 70's I got it for my 10th birthday I think and was the updated version of the second picture. Cardboard and plastic ha ha.

240797031_c90192a274_z.jpg

Waddingtons-Table-Soccer-1965-Vintage-Football-Game.jpg

$_86.jpg

Super-Striker.jpg

 
I had Striker when I was a kid. I remember you could put the ball in the goalie's arm and then turn his body so that the ball could be thrown.

I also remember playing football dice as well. @bluehaze like you, I didn't have subbuteo but a mate of mine so would go round to his house to play it. 

Found this website about old football games.

https://www.oldfootballgames.co.uk/index.asp

 
I had Striker when I was a kid. I remember you could put the ball in the goalie's arm and then turn his body so that the ball could be thrown.

I also remember playing football dice as well. @bluehaze like you, I didn't have subbuteo but a mate of mine so would go round to his house to play it. 

Found this website about old football games.

https://www.oldfootballgames.co.uk/index.asp
I haven't been through all of them but I remember my brother had this game called Goal. He also had this Bobby Charlton game.

goalspring-1.jpg

bc1.jpg

 
Big League was my first football game. Then Subbuteo.

A few light wooden boars must have been written off as ‘damaged stock’ in the local shipyards These boards were used as the base for the green Subbuteo pitch, Allegedly!

Never had Striker,

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Big League was my first football game. Then Subbuteo.

A few light wooden boars must have been written off as ‘damaged stock’ in the local shipyards These boards were used as the base for the green Subbuteo pitch, Allegedly!

Never had Striker,
The pitch was massive in Big League you could only play it on the floor so we had to play it in the hallway. Big problem when my old man needed a slash he usually stood on one of the players so we hardly used it. Think you could paint the players not sure though.

 
Remember in 1981 we moved house, and our new neighbour was clearing out stuff, and came round our house with Subbuteo set, it was a 1970 world cup addition, during the course of the next couple of years, about 6 of us on our estate, started up a Subbuteo league between us, loads of ours of fun spent. My Grandad made some great wooden stands for it, only last year my parents cleared there loft and found them up there.

 
The pitch was massive in Big League you could only play it on the floor so we had to play it in the hallway. Big problem when my old man needed a slash he usually stood on one of the players so we hardly used it. Think you could paint the players not sure though.
Yeah you could paint the players I had one team as Hibernian and the other were Chelsea. 

No idea why one team was Hibernian, perhaps my old man painted them when he’d had a few lagers in him ,

 
Got Subbuteo for Christmas 1975 Think it was a World Cup or Floodlight Edition.

A few of my friends got Subbuteo that Christmas so we had a Mini League between us.i was from memory bottom.

 
I had Striker when I was a kid. I remember you could put the ball in the goalie's arm and then turn his body so that the ball could be thrown.

I also remember playing football dice as well. @bluehaze like you, I didn't have subbuteo but a mate of mine so would go round to his house to play it. 

Found this website about old football games.

https://www.oldfootballgames.co.uk/index.asp
Never got into subbuteo. Striker was good until the players heads fell off when you bashed them too hard.

Used to get the old man to glue them back on, but that was only a temporary fix.

Edit: Just looked online. The second generation was Super Striker which featured diving goalkeepers. Completely forgotten about that.

Bit off topic but used to love having indoor Kick about’s with me brothers using semi deflated balloons. The front door was the goal

 
Last edited by a moderator:
We used to have a box game with about 5-a -side and the players were metal on runners carved in the wooden table top and the ball was magnetic.

It was brilliant, you could shoot and tackle.

We played it like it was football though it may have been ice hockey or something. 

 
Never got into subbuteo. Striker was good until the players heads fell off when you bashed them too hard.

Used to get the old man to glue them back on, but that was only a temporary fix.

Edit: Just looked online. The second generation was Super Striker which featured diving goalkeepers. Completely forgotten about that.

Bit off topic but used to love having indoor Kick about’s with me brothers using semi deflated balloons. The front door was the goal
Me and my brothers played indoor football all the time using anything I remember a school cap was the ball once !

 
I was lucky i had subbuteo but had no one to play against so used to spend hours setting up the wall for freekicks ,to see i could slot one into the top keeper against the static keeper 

wasnt great ?

 
Remember in 1981 we moved house, and our new neighbour was clearing out stuff, and came round our house with Subbuteo set, it was a 1970 world cup addition, during the course of the next couple of years, about 6 of us on our estate, started up a Subbuteo league between us, loads of ours of fun spent. My Grandad made some great wooden stands for it, only last year my parents cleared there loft and found them up there.
I had that set too, it had Brazil,Italy and England if i remember right. I painted Italy all blue with a yellow stripe on the shorts to be Chelsea with airfix paints. I knelt on Eddie Mac and had to glue him back onto the base which did help with swerving around other players as he was at an angle.

https://www.subbuteoworld.co.uk/subbuteo-sets/secondhand-box-sets/1972-world-cup-edition-second-generation

 
Last edited by a moderator:
a.74catalogue23_2.jpg


 
Back
Top