Other old stuff.

bluehaze

Banned
Messages
3,826
Reaction score
6,922
Sorry I might be being a bit precious and pedantic but I'm going to start a new thread. I just think the vintage section is being bombarded with old programme covers from random matches. Some good pictures are not being seen by posters in my opinion and sorry Ersk ?

EOPnb_tX4AAp9WE.jpg

e3420a0edbd25ee76414cb19f95206bc.jpg

EOTWVyCW4AIF1jG.jpg

K07W6T.jpg

 
Just found this on YouTube by mistake and thought I would share as a lot of the players we recently said would be in our top Chelsea XI feature, also funny seeing Czech with hair again.

Interesting the win at OT included Kean, Giggs, Rooney and Ronaldo




 
1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Just found this on YouTube by mistake and thought I would share as a lot of the players we recently said would be in our top Chelsea XI feature, also funny seeing Czech with hair again.

Interesting the win at OT included Kean, Giggs, Rooney and Ronaldo


What a line-up that was. PC; PF, WG, JT and WB; T, CM and FL; DD, DD and AR. Sub EG.

Should have won the lot that year.

One of Giggs' best ever goals in that game, which has been forgotten because of the outcome.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I might be being a bit precious and pedantic but I'm going to start a new thread. I just think the vintage section is being bombarded with old programme covers from random matches. Some good pictures are not being seen by posters in my opinion and sorry Ersk ?

View attachment 11486

View attachment 11487

View attachment 11488

View attachment 11489
I'll tone down the volume of random programmes. I post mate.

There will be none posted by me in this thread.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Love the 1998/1999 team as we dared to dream about winning the title, which is something many of us had never experienced beforehand.

We were as good as the Manchester United treble team and Arsenal team that season.

It's a shame we started the season slow, and who can forget Steve Guppy breaking our hearts towards the end of the season.

 
I just got round to watching the football racism documentary Out of their Skin, in which Canoville featured prominently. They focused on his performance as sub in that game, which he claims was the day he was finally accepted by the Chelsea fans. His memory is playing tricks on him, as he had played a fair bit during THAT promotion season the year before, and scored in the epic 5-0 clincher v Leeds, and he was certainly accepted then (Pat Nevin condemned the abuse he had been getting, which played a big part in ending it).

They showed him going back to the Bridge, and he was thrilled to see a yellow 80s v-neck pinstripe away jersey. He seemed to think that was the kit he wore v Sheff Wed! So he was confused about that as well.

I'll let him off as the poor bloke has been through so much.

 
I just got round to watching the football racism documentary Out of their Skin, in which Canoville featured prominently. They focused on his performance as sub in that game, which he claims was the day he was finally accepted by the Chelsea fans. His memory is playing tricks on him, as he had played a fair bit during THAT promotion season the year before, and scored in the epic 5-0 clincher v Leeds, and he was certainly accepted then (Pat Nevin condemned the abuse he had been getting, which played a big part in ending it).

They showed him going back to the Bridge, and he was thrilled to see a yellow 80s v-neck pinstripe away jersey. He seemed to think that was the kit he wore v Sheff Wed! So he was confused about that as well.

I'll let him off as the poor bloke has been through so much.
It's mind boggling when you think of what he had to put up with.

EOPndEqW4AA4396.jpg

 
Plough Lane?
Good shout not sure to be honest. We've both mentioned the 89 game before I got locked out think you did as well. The following season when we played them we were standing next to a geezer who I don't know if you remember it he starred in an ad where they used He Ain't Heavy by The Hollies I think it was for Miller Lite or something. I saw him quite a few times after also about the same time a guy who was in Eastenders I've never watched it apparently he was a punk or something.

Also in the 90-91 at Plough Lane our firm took residence in the home end behind the goal not sure why they bothered they wouldn't have had any resistance !.

 
Good shout not sure to be honest. We've both mentioned the 89 game before I got locked out think you did as well. The following season when we played them we were standing next to a geezer who I don't know if you remember it he starred in an ad where they used He Ain't Heavy by The Hollies I think it was for Miller Lite or something. I saw him quite a few times after also about the same time a guy who was in Eastenders I've never watched it apparently he was a punk or something.

Also in the 90-91 at Plough Lane our firm took residence in the home end behind the goal not sure why they bothered they wouldn't have had any resistance !.
Not sure it's Plough Lane as they didn't have steps up to the pitch surround there. A real tough one!

The guy from the Miller Lite advert is Jason Salkey, who was a regular in the Executive Club back in the 80's - until he got thrown out for allegedly pulling a knife on someone. Really surprising if that happened because he always came across as a nice bloke.

Eastenders actors Chris McHallem (Rod) and Jonathan Stratt (Brad) went a lot back then too.

 
The prices of admission, which were more relative to what was being earned by the person following a club..

Had to think about this question for a while. I thought it'd bean easy choice too !

 
Back
Top