Palmeiras vs Chelsea (CWC) Sat 5th July 2025 2:00 GMT

Great win for the boys. We have a decent path to the final, with Thiago Silva standing on our way. First we have to beat our new wonderkid, then we have to beat one of our heroes (not quite legend imo) to get to the final. Sometime stories are written and this storyline fills me with confidence we will make it to the final. I think we can win the whole tournament if we make that final. Chelsea vs PSG would be a cracking final. Hoping this happens!

Joao Pedro looked fantastic. He just came off the plane from vacation to a brand new team and dominated!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was not very impressed by Delap's performance at all. I hope he has more to offer. The rest of the new players:

Estaveo - In 12 months, I can see him becoming a superstar. He will need time to adapt

Joao Pedro - Looks amazing, what a player we have got

Santos - Has all the signs of becoming a great midfielder. I can see him becoming a regular starter very soon

Really hope James and Lavia are not sidelined for too long

 
A bit late to the party, but I thought we played well with that usual inconsistency, which may always be a factor with such a young squad.

Individual performances have been all over the place. This is the most erratic I’ve seen from Cuccu, and Gusto needs to find some way to regain some form.

Abel Ferreira, palmeiras coach, said to ignore the fb and focus on the n 10. Dunno if talking about gusto or cuccu—maybe both heh?

Cole had a strong game, finally! Nkunku looked a bit better early on then turned into sh*t as usual.

I’m very concerned with delap in terms of immediate value—I suspect he will struggle for some time. Joao Pedro showed that it has little to do with system and more with quality. JP looked excellent and I was impressed by him. Looks like the starting #9 no brainer.

I’m not a fan as a sure starter, but madueke can be super important when coming off the bench/rotating with his power and directness.

I was not impressed with Santos like some here were. Caicedo was missed big time and I’m glad he will be avail against fluminense.

While that’s the best cb pairing for me—tosin needs a low block and we won’t play like that—still think Colwill is the only with WC potential.

Sanchez is just too erratic for me… don’t understand why he’s still here.

Ah one note on Estevao: he’s still very young obviously, so we will need to be patient w/ him. On the other hand, I’m very excited with him both for Chelsea fc as well as Brazil! I fully expect him to become better than Vini jr.

 
Delap.. was more interested in fighting the opposition players than playing football.. entire game his first touch under pressure was atrocious.. very raw for a possession based football.. even Jackson holds it up better.. Pedro to be starting 9.

On Santos .. you can see the quality, speed of thought and technical ability.. he is not a destroyer.. not a 6 so probably was playing a non natural position. He did a job and was really good in the first half.. but wore off in the second half..

loved the impact from Pedro.. great game for Cole and Enzo too..

Can’t have gusto as an inverted fullback.. frustration was clear even on his team mates with every attack he ruined.

 
Back
Top