Peter Houseman died on this day 1977

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey, I was still at Middle School then and I can remember hearing the news the next day and talking about it with mates in the playground.

Well said loz.

 
Another great to line up a chat with.

I can't believe it's that long since he died. Well done for remembering Loz!

 
Yeah nice one Loz!

Respect to an excellent and underated player, who didn't get the credit he deserved.

God bless you Pete

 
somewhere in a box I have a Peter Houseman tribute programme brought out a week or so after he died

 
I nearly missed this thread - underrated by the fans maybe, but not by his fellow players. It was Peter Houseman who helped Ossie to settle in at the club - Ossie called him a true gentleman. He also played a crucial part in our first ever FA Cup victory, most notably in the semi-final against Watford, and by scoring the first equaliser at Wembley against Leeds. As you say, a true Chelsea legend.

 
Thanks Nobby and RIP.
happy0034.gif


http://www.bbcmotiongallery.com/Customer/S...71-c625c8fd6540

 
Nice one Loz, he was part of that great 'H' players who played for the club at the same time.

Houseman, Hollins, Hudson, Hutchinson, Hinton, Harris.

1977, Christ , i remember that day only too well. Big shock at the time.

 
Nice one Loz, he was part of that great 'H' players who played for the club at the same time.
which also happened in the 90's, the four 'H's that many believe turned our club around,

Hoddle, Harding, Hughes and er.......Gullit...
blue%20scalf.gif


R.I.P Peter.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top