Just heard on the radio some clubs don't know about Chelsea are phasing them out and going virtual. I haven't bought one for about 40 years and I don't know anyone who still does. I've no idea how much they cost but I would never pay for something that is essentially really boring and bland. I've still got some in a plastic bag from when I used to buy them from 1978- 82 but I never flick through them wherever I've moved to I've brought them with me can't be more than 50 if I had a big collection I would have left them behind.
When we were young kids bought them to show off that they went to the game and some bought them as a souvenir which was fair enough but now you can look at your phone and relive the game you were just at. I had a mate RIP who didn't go that often he was the last person I remember buying a programme and that was 1992 I think when we beat Newcastle in the league cup and I've been to Chelsea with kids and groups of men and women. You probably still get the anoraks who cross out the team changes and write in the result and crowd.
When we were young kids bought them to show off that they went to the game and some bought them as a souvenir which was fair enough but now you can look at your phone and relive the game you were just at. I had a mate RIP who didn't go that often he was the last person I remember buying a programme and that was 1992 I think when we beat Newcastle in the league cup and I've been to Chelsea with kids and groups of men and women. You probably still get the anoraks who cross out the team changes and write in the result and crowd.
Last edited by a moderator: