Pink Floyd - The Endless River

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnight_rambler

New Signing
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Hi folks,

The Floyd (really just Gilmour and Mason) have just released their final album a couple of days ago. I was wondering if anyone has given it a listen yet?

For those who haven't, and are interested- most of the tracks are unused pieces from 'the division bell' (1994 I think) and is mainly atmospheric guitar type stuff courtesy of Gilmour. It does feature Wright in a few tracks on the keys.

Ive only really listened to it properly once. In my opinion its a decent finale act, plenty of nice riffs and a few drum parts to remind us that mason is there too. Its 50 odd mins long, but has 18 tracks (plus 3 bonus) so lots of short pieces, rather than conventional songs.

Early highlights for me were Sum, Skins (great drums), Allons-Y 1 and 2, (both of which remind me a little of another brick...) and Louder Than Words- the only track with lyrics. Nervana is a sweet bonus track and It's What We Do has some lovely guitar.

Never a classic, but a pleasant way to finish up I reckon. Interested to hear what you think (if anyone gives a toss!).

7/10

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks,

The Floyd (really just Gilmour and Mason) have just released their final album a couple of days ago. I was wondering if anyone has given it a listen yet?

For those who haven't, and are interested- most of the tracks are unused pieces from 'the division bell' (1994 I think) and is mainly atmospheric guitar type stuff courtesy of Gilmour. It does feature Wright in a few tracks on the keys.

Ive only really listened to it properly once. In my opinion its a decent finale act, plenty of nice riffs and a few drum parts to remind us that mason is there too. Its 50 odd mins long, but has 18 tracks (plus 3 bonus) so lots of short pieces, rather than conventional songs.

Early highlights for me were Sum, Skins (great drums), Allons-Y 1 and 2, (both of which remind me a little of another brick...) and Louder Than Words- the only track with lyrics. Nervana is a sweet bonus track and It's What We Do has some lovely guitar.

Never a classic, but a pleasant way to finish up I reckon. Interested to hear what you think (if anyone gives a toss!).

7/10
I was very much looking forward to this, not disappointed but not fired up. Think you've summed it up.

 
Went to get this in HMV today for my dad's Christmas present (I'll download it), I asked the guy if there was a special edition, which apparently there is, that includes a DVD, but they were all out.

Picked up the new U2 album for the old man, I know it's free on I.Tunes, but he likes to own the actual CD, he's not as PC friendly as us lot.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top