Printer not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

High Street Ken

In the Ressies
Messages
506
Reaction score
0
I have a new PC, running Windows XP but my original Canon printer/scanner (about 6 months old and worked fine with my old PC) will not work.

I've set it up via the control panel (the printer is ticked) and tried loading the original driver disk and also downloaded drivers from the Canon website. Still no joy.

The disk loads everything but right at the end it asks me to plug the printer in but the PC can't find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ken

 
it may be that the printer is still in your device list. go to device manager and click view and tick show hidden devices. iftheres 2 or more printers then take them off.

 
it may be that the printer is still in your device list. go to device manager and click view and tick show hidden devices. iftheres 2 or more printers then take them off.
Thanks mate. I'll give that a try when I get home from work.

Cheers.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top