Raheem Sterling signs for Chelsea

axman2526

Legend
Messages
39,710
Reaction score
20,283
The rags are reporting City have offered Gabriel Jesus to us and apparently we let them know we would be interested in making a move for Sterling as well.

Could that be TT plan, move for a couple of players heading for the City exit door to join Dembele and Mount as our front 4?

Sterling---Mount---Dembele

Gabriel J

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t want us to sign cast offs of any club tbh, hope this is not going to be the new ownership style, we really need a proper scouting network in place asap.

 
I would happily take Sterling as a winger at Chelsea. He's typically gets himself in really good positions, is creative with the ball and has the ability to actually finish and score in the prem. The price tag would be a little worrisome but if we end up selling Lukaku  and Werner - or some similar combination of attackers - then I would be a little more open to it. 

 
I would happily take Sterling as a winger at Chelsea. He's typically gets himself in really good positions, is creative with the ball and has the ability to actually finish and score in the prem. The price tag would be a little worrisome but if we end up selling Lukaku  and Werner - or some similar combination of attackers - then I would be a little more open to it. 
I'm probably in a minority, but I actually rate Sterling.

 
Why are people so against us signing cast offs? 

Desailly was a cast off. 

Zola was a cast off

Makelele was a cast off. 

Cesc was a cast off. 

Pedro was a cast off. 

Fact of the matter is, Jesus wants to leave City.  I genuinely can't think of an attacking player available that is both Premier League proven and fits our system, considering what we want from our attackers (Involved in the build up + off the ball press).

 
I don’t want us to sign cast offs of any club tbh, hope this is not going to be the new ownership style, we really need a proper scouting network in place asap.


Why are people so against us signing cast offs? 

Desailly was a cast off. 

Zola was a cast off

Makelele was a cast off. 

Cesc was a cast off. 

Pedro was a cast off. 

Fact of the matter is, Jesus wants to leave City.  I genuinely can't think of an attacking player available that is both Premier League proven and fits our system, considering what we want from our attackers (Involved in the build up + off the ball press).
As Sconnie has pointed out Jesus wants to leave. Furthermore Sterling also wants to leave, it's not that city don't want them, the players themselves just want more regular football. They know with Haaland incoming and Alvarez that's going to be even harder next season.

It's nothing different to Pulisic, Ziyech and Werner wanting more regular football. However as of yet to my knowledge none have asked to leave, but all would consider leaving under the right circumstances.

Signing rival players shouldn't be so frowned upon imo, if they're good enough to be at City in the first place then that should say a lot about their quality that Pep wanted to work with them and as it stands still does. Look at Sane, Pep and City didn't want to sell but he wanted more game time.

I'm not sure about signing both but I would definitely take one, alongside Dembele for free, move Lulaku and one of our current attackers (Ziyech, Werner or Pulisic). 

If the plan is to play havertz through the middle then Sterling may be the better choice, if the plan is to have in one of the inside roles or as a dual striker than Jesus would be the better option.

Personally despite their underwhelming numbers I'd be sad to see any of our forwards leave because I've grown attached to them, since they brought home big ears and our first ever CWC. Despite this the attack needs freshening up and maybe a couple signings that are epl proven would do the trick.

Question is do Sterling or Jesus suit Tuchel's system and style? Sterling has flourished under Southgate in a back 3 and there's like 0 creativity in that system. I'm more inclined to believe he may adapt better. That said if both are available at a good rate and Tuchel wants them I'm all for it.

Still think a switch to a back 4 gets the most out of Ziyech and Pulisic though and with so many new defenders needed to play the back 3 I'm more inclined to only lose one attacker alongside Lukaku bring in 2 new ones and play a back 4.

 
Well, however you want to spin it.. I’d like to see us use a bit of imagination in the market.

Most of our ‘big name’ signings fail, Sterling relies on his explosive pace for those dribbles to pay off and getting to the far post, Nearing 30, loses the ball too much in Pep’s system to justify the current £300k pw he’s getting and not versatile enough for him, so they want him gone. 

Sterling also publicly taunted Chelsea fans over the 6-0 win, hates us and doesn’t get along with any of the Chelsea lads in the England camp. 

 
Well, however you want to spin it.. I’d like to see us use a bit of imagination in the market.

Most of our ‘big name’ signings fail, Sterling relies on his explosive pace for those dribbles to pay off and getting to the far post, Nearing 30, loses the ball too much in Pep’s system to justify the current £300k pw he’s getting and not versatile enough for him, so they want him gone. 

Sterling also publicly taunted Chelsea fans over the 6-0 win, hates us and doesn’t get along with any of the Chelsea lads in the England camp. 
How do you know that?

 
Sterling runs like a chicken, he should learn from my self-confident swagger.

I give myself 11 months,, then you'll find me under my sofa, sobbing and in a foetal position because @Mod or @axman2526 have stolen my title. Bastards.
Don't rely on Sterling to help you get back to back titles. But then again considering the mediocrity of the opposition in the predictions league, you'll still win.

She knows what she is, Champion of the shed end, she knows what she is !!

 
How do you know that?
There was a twitter thread when the euro’s were going on about it, through that pre-tournament YouTube series behind the scenes. His general dislike of the club probably stems from when he was apparently abused by a fan at the bridge, as he was very quick to post laughing emoji’s about the 6-0 defeat. If little t-Rex arms gets to flap about at the bridge on a new 350k pw deal in his late twenties after ‘already’ winning every English trophy a few times over at City, he’ll probably change his tune.

 
Sterling runs like a chicken, he should learn from my self-confident swagger.

I give myself 11 months,, then you'll find me under my sofa, sobbing and in a foetal position because @Mod or @axman2526 have stolen my title. Bastards.
Maybe Mod, no chance is me lol.

Don't rely on Sterling to help you get back to back titles. But then again considering the mediocrity of the opposition in the predictions league, you'll still win.

She knows what she is, Champion of the shed end, she knows what she is !!
Big talk from someone who does not bother to try his hand at it regularly, if at all. Come on @coco , show us what you are made of 😉

 
All of them are yes and you can add De Ligt and Gvardiol to that list as well alongside Kimpembe too apparently. Dembele and Kounde should be sorted already so focus is on Jesus and De Ligt at the moment. 

I think Sterling is admired but I'm not sure if we get both (Jesus). If I had to hazard a guess which one TT is more keen on then it would be Jesus based of one of my prime sources who claims Jesus and De Ligt are the current focus as things stand.

The main issue atm is none of our main defensive targets as far as I know are at clubs that actively want to sell them. I think all can be enticed away, but unlike Kounde where Sevilla are resigned to selling the other clubs don't need to sell for financial reasons or because the players want to leave. So I'd expect some of our defensive targets to take longer. 

In contrast Sterling, Jesus are both actively being shopped about by City and Dembele is on the cusp of being a free agent. So we could perhaps see more offensive signings coming I'm before defensive (not including Jules Kounde).

Main priority from the board and Tuchel though is sorting Lukaku out. That deal could have a big impact on any future deals since we may aquire a player from Inter, most likely a cb or fb/wb. Very unlikely Martinez comes the other way I'm now hearing. Inter may try to find a way to have Dybala, Martinez and Lukaku next season.

Edit: I hate autocorrect

 
Last edited by a moderator:
All of them are yes and you can add De Ligt and Gvardiol to that list as well alongside Kimpembe too apparently. Dembele and Kounde should be sorted already so focus is on Jesus and De Ligt at the moment. 

I think Sterling is admired but I'm not sure if we get both (Jesus). If I had to hazard a guess which one TT is more keen on then it would be Jesus based of one of my prime sources who claims Jesus and De Ligt are the current focus as things stand.

The main issue atm is none of our main defensive targets as far as I know are at clubs that actively want to sell them. I think all can be enticed away, but unlike Kounde where Sevilla are resigned to selling the other clubs don't need to sell for financial reasons or because the players want to leave. So I'd expect some of our defensive targets to take longer. 

In contrast Sterling, Jesus are both actively being shopped about by City and Dembele is on the cusp of being a free agent. So we could perhaps see more offensive signings coming I'm before defensive (not including Jules Kounde).

Main priority from the board and Tuchel though is sorting Lukaku out. That deal could have a big impact on any future deals since we may aquire a player from Inter, most likely a cb or fb/wb. Very unlikely Martinez comes the other way I'm now hearing. Inter may try to find a way to have Dybala, Martinez and Lukaku next season.

Edit: I hate autocorrect
Damn I wish you'd added Fofana in there. I genuinely think he could grow into a club legend here.

Desailly, Terry, Silva, Fofana. 

Oh and Colin Pates of course

 
Damn I wish you'd added Fofana in there. I genuinely think he could grow into a club legend here.

Desailly, Terry, Silva, Fofana. 

Oh and Colin Pates of course
As far as it stands I can only say who I know we're actually in talks with mate. Regarding Fofana there is definitely interest but the reported price tag is £80m seems too pricey if you add the £50-55m for Koundé and the purchase of another cb on top.

 
Big talk from someone who does not bother to try his hand at it regularly, if at all. Come on @coco , show us what you are made of 😉
I keep forgetting it, especially downstairs in its own forum, i will try harder next season, i don't want to disappoint you.

 
I don’t want us to sign cast offs of any club tbh, hope this is not going to be the new ownership style, we really need a proper scouting network in place asap.
Two of our 'cast offs' are the two best players in the league currently. If TT thinks they work for him and can get us closer to a title then I'm all for it. Yaya Toure and Zlatan were Barca cast offs. Ignore the label and judge them on merit. 

 
Back
Top