Well I set a recording for it and spent Friday evening in the hot tub - turns out we had a power cut 15 minutes into Perrin, but it came back on 2 minutes later - this is relevant. When I eventually got to watch the first 15 minute section I was severely underwhelmed - the laughter track, the lazy writing, the cliche-grabbing, the stereotypes, Clunes himself and the fact that, despite Nobbs being involved, the remake has totally missed thepoint of Reggie Perrin in the original. He, and it, wasn't greatly funny in and of itself, but Perrin was a man teetering on the edge of a nervous breakdown, and eventually going over. The humour was in the desperation.
The remake's humour appears to be in, um, err, well, I'm not sure really. A secretary impersonating a not very funny "character" from Little Britain, a boss with nothing going for him except he was in something mildly but un-memorably, funny a few months ago, a couple of stereo-typical "geeky" lads and a women's group FFS!
I didn't watch the second recorded section.
I do agree with Nibs though - The Inbetweeners has some funny lines. What really cracks me up at the moment is Reno 911, but that might just be me!