Richard Wright Passes Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad - I knew he was ill and that they were keeping it fairly quiet so wasn't suer about the severity of it. Always came across as a genuinely nice bloke and a very talented man.

 
Apparently he was working on another solo project, let's hope it sees the light of day because Broken China was a fine piece of work.

RIP

 
"The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death."

RIP

 
Just spent some time watching footage of Richard Wright playing with David Gilmour relatively recently and it was only then that it really sank in that he has died. Stupid really as it isn't as if we were next door neighbours and drinking buddies but I, all of a sudden, felt a genuine sense of loss. Not really that surprising I suppose, he was, after all, an integral part of a band that I consider to be the greatest band in music history.

Maybe a little corny, and somewhat predictable but all I can say is Richard Wright I wish you were here.

 
The Pink Floyd story is on again right now on BBC 4 if anyone's interested.

 
Cheers for posting that Mod - 'Comfortably Numb' is a timeless masterpiece. Never mind the thread about pop songs that always makes you smile - that is a song that always makes me feel a tad humble as for me it borders on genius.

 
totally agree loz- possibly my favourite song ever.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top