RIP Mel Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is desperately sad news.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear, what a great shame. I loved Alas Smith and Jones and Not the 9 o'clock news. Way too young to go.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
gutted...absolute legend and came from a glorious era when sketch shows were genuinely funny...RIP Mel..

just one of many examples of his fine work:


 
Last edited by a moderator:
RIP Mel, another sad loss.

 
Sad news. Always loved Alas Smith and Jones and Not the Nine O'clock News.  Came across as a really nice bloke too.

 
Very sad , far too young.

The Smith & Jones Home Christmas Video from the mid 80s remains one of the funniest things I've ever seen on tv

 
Smith and Jones were one of the first comedy acts I ever enjoyed. Very sad news.


 
I loved Not the Nine O'clock news, proper ground breaking comedy.

RIP Mel

 
Anyone remember him as the hotel owner in 'National Lampoon's European Vacation'?

Clarke Griswold: Hi, we're the Griswold's, checking in.

Mel Smith: Ah yes, the grease balls.

And then he had the old lady carry about four heavy suitcases up to their room.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top