RIP Mitch Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP

He's probably jamming back with Jimi now!

 
I'm not a huge fan of Hendrix and therefore I haven't heard much of Mitchell either, but I've heard enough to know that he was a darn good drummer.

Really sad that he passed away, and at such a young age too. He wasn't that old really.

If there's a heaven then God will really have some fine music to listen to.

 
There is only one electric guitar player I can listen to these days.. Hendrix.. but is no coincidence that his really quality stuff was with a superb rhythm section ...

what Mitch Mitchell did is bring a jazz drum style to jimi's music.. take this clip (pardon the French) the intro would not sound as good without the very simple drums behind it is just one example of his brilliant drumming in this clip. I am sure there are many other Youtube clips this was just the first I came across

RIP Mitch

 
If they wander around heaven for a bit they can recruit Phil Lynott on vocals too :rolleyes:

 
Got a great book by Mitch all about his growing up, getting into drums, and then the hendrix experience. Sad news, think that's all the Hendrix Lads kicking up the Jams in Heaven

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top