RIP Ryan Dunn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, doesn't exactly sound like a saint, drinking and driving? He's now dead because of this, and so is his mate, could easily have been more.

Still sad I know, but the guy was obviously a bit of an idiot.

If he wasn't drunk, then I'll hold my hands up.
By calling him a legend I didn't mean he was a saint. Stupid? I can't argue with that! But he always put his health and even life on the line just to make people laugh and have a good time.

Of course there's also money involved but I wouldn't do half the stunts he did even if they gave me a couple of thousand quid for each stunt.

 
There is no proof he was drunk other than a picture of him having a beer beforehand. I've read on the net he only had two muller lights but who knows.

Either way, its a sad loss!
Ive read he had 6 drinks - 3 beers and 6 shots over a 4 hour period. Furthermore he was driving 130mph in a 55mph zone, was double the legal blood-alcohol limit and has a previous DUI conviction.

It's not so much a tragedy as an inevitability.

I dont care how many people he made laugh during his 'career' ( i myself was a huge CKY fan back in the day) but anyone who gets behind the wheel of a car (and with a passenger) after 3 beers and 3 shots is an irresponsible prick.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I dont care how many people he made laugh during his 'career' ( i myself was a huge CKY fan back in the day) but anyone who gets behind the wheel of a car (and with a passenger) after 3 beers and 3 shots is an irresponsible prick.
Agreed, just hope people who do/did idolise him learn from this or at least snap back to reality.

 
I'm sure people who admire/admired him (myself included) don't actually support what he did in any way.

Anyone who drinks and drives is an irresponsible prick, Dunn included. But I admired him for his stunts, not for what he did outside Jackass or CKY.

It's the same thing with people who admire or idolise musicians or actors/actresses who are druggies, drunks, murderers, etc. They aren't actually supporting what they did, they just admire them because of their work rather than their life out of the spotlight.

 
It's a real Jackass to die behind the wheel while drunk driving. But Ryan Dunn had a 30 year-old passenger named Zachary who was also killed. So instead of Mr. Dunn, I'll think of the families affected and then say something nice about Peter Falk or Clarence Clemons instead.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top