ROBOCOP (2O14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read a few things about this and I'm skeptical at this point, apparently it's going to be a PG13 (equivalent of 12A) so it's not going to have the ultra violence that made the first one so good.

Gary Oldman is in it though, which is always a plus.

Not sure about him still having 1 normal hand though. 

 
I hate when they try and remake classics.  

Agreed that it can't be as good without all the violence.  "Give the man a hand!" and then the toxic waste scenes to name a couple.

And yeah, why did they have ROBOCOP keep a human hand?

 
I think it will be difficult to replicate the fine mix the original had of extreme violence and humour. I doubt they'll even try.

 
Well it's out tomorrow, let us know your reviews.

I won't be seeing it for a few weeks unfortunately.

 
Reviews I have read are panning it.

Shame, I was looking forward to it.

 
Is nothing sacred anymore. Being a Hollywood writer now is so easy, all they do is remake films or "re-invent" films. 

 
Reviews I have read are panning it.

Shame, I was looking forward to it.
A review is only someones opinion. For example BlueBlur writes reviews on films he watches and 99% of the time he is wrong. Last night he said he disliked The Hangover 2. Yet he said Scott Pilgrim was a great film.

Now if you believed Blur then you would miss out on some very good films and end up watching some of the worst films ever known to man.

My point is if you want to like something then go and give it a go and dont listen to what others have to say about it until after you have made your own mind up.

 
A review is only someones opinion.

For example BlueBlur writes reviews on films he watches and 99% of the time he is wrong. Last night he said he disliked The Hangover 2. Yet he said Scott Pilgrim was a great film.

Now if you believed Blur then you would miss out on some very good films and end up watching some of the worst films ever known to man.

My point is if you want to like something then go and give it a go and dont listen to what others have to say about it until after you have made your own mind up.
Gotta say my film taste appear to be inline with BlueBlur.

Hangover 2 was a massive steaming pile of sh*t. They basically re-made the first one but set it in Thailand, all the jokes were in the same places except not as funny.

Scott Pillgrim was brilliant with Edgar Wright once again showing what a unique and original director he is. 

Everything I have read about the new Robocop all says the same thing (I've read 3-4 different reviews now) that it's completely missed the point and charm of the original and all the charm and satire from Paul Verhoeven's original has been removed. 

 
Hangover 1 - Great

Hangover 2 - sh*te

Hangover 3 - Really sh*te

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Is nothing sacred anymore. Being a Hollywood writer now is so easy, all they do is remake films or "re-invent" films. 
I reckon it's time for another reboot of Batman/Superman/Spiderman. It's been at least a year.

Very exited for this, big fan of the original.
That's exactly why I'm not excited. The Taking of Pelham 123, Total Recall and now Robocop too? Why, why why?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hate when they try and remake classics.  

Agreed that it can't be as good without all the violence.  "Give the man a hand!" and then the toxic waste scenes to name a couple.

And yeah, why did they have ROBOCOP keep a human hand?
I too cannot stand remakes. The fact that some Hollywood berk thinks he can do a better job is just an insult to the cult classic originals.

Its also a clear indication that Hollywood has run out of ideas and only interested in cashing in on somebody else's work. Its the directorial equivalent of tracing a picture, adding an extra tree in the background and claiming it as their own.

Against my better judgement, I have seen a few remakes and none of them could even hold a candle to the originals. I have had several friends come back from this one saying it was terrible and tame.

 
I reckon it's time for another reboot of Batman/Superman/Spiderman. It's been at least a year.

That's exactly why I'm not excited. The Taking of Pelham 123, Total Recall and now Robocop too? Why, why why?
Good point. Even the Spiderman reboots have got a reboot now with the Amazing Spiderman. Getting ridiculous now.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top