Sad Songs Say It So Much

Status
Not open for further replies.

loz

The Schoolmaster
Staff member
Messages
22,722
Reaction score
6,608
Well maybe not when Elton sung them!!

International break sees the return of the song/film threads so why not combine the lack of domestic football with tunes and nominate the songs that you classify as 'sad'

This can be anything from totally gushy sentiment to politically charged songs about a topic you hold close to your heart and give you a feeling of remorse/regret etc etc or maybe just a song that has one lyric that really makes your heart break out of pity. Basically songs that for one reason or another make you feel a tad melancholy but you can't turn them off when you hear them no matter what your mood is.

Here are just a few for me

Billy Bragg - Levi Stubb's Tears





Neil Young - Don't Let it Bring You Down





Joy Division - New Dawn Fades





Tindersticks - Travelling Light





Johnny Cash - Hurt (how could Nine Inch Nails write such a great song and then totally destroy it?)





Lorraine Ellison - Stay With Me Baby





Jeff Buckley - Corpus Christi Carol





 
Mod will never forgive me for this!

 
How could I have left out this one?

 
And now for something completely different!

 
Loz - don't you mean another chance for Bluebeard and Moi to copy YouTube onto the Shed end forum?

 
Loz - don't you mean another chance for Bluebeard and Moi to copy YouTube onto the Shed end forum?
Naah, relax Tim, if I started posting all the sad songs I liked I'd be here forever. With this in mind I decided to post just one sad song which epitomised all sad songs everywhere - "Kev's Courting Song" by Kevin Bloody Wilson, but for some reason it won't load on here, tragic really...

 
Naah, relax Tim, if I started posting all the sad songs I liked I'd be here forever. With this in mind I decided to post just one sad song which epitomised all sad songs everywhere - "Kev's Courting Song" by Kevin Bloody Wilson, but for some reason it won't load on here, tragic really...
He lived on the same estate as me as a kid.

 
Naah, relax Tim, if I started posting all the sad songs I liked I'd be here forever. With this in mind I decided to post just one sad song which epitomised all sad songs everywhere - "Kev's Courting Song" by Kevin Bloody Wilson, but for some reason it won't load on here, tragic really...
That was indeed a sad and romantic song and full of the usual over sentimentality of the writer :D I love the line "give me the name of a girlfriend who doe's"

by the way Steve...I've got a huge collection of Kevs stuff if you want any on CD :D

 
Loz - don't you mean another chance for Bluebeard and Moi to copy YouTube onto the Shed end forum?
Yes, Bluebeard and I are master-minding (or in my case mistress-minding) an evil plot to bend you all to our will through subliminal messages in YouTube songs. Loz and Mod are our bitches who regularly start threads to enable us to enter your subconscious.

Like this:

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top